“Great Value, Close to the Ocean!!!”
Review of Dunes Court

Dunes Court
Ranked #46 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed at the Dunes Motel over the July 4 holiday weekend. We booked into a "2-room patio apartment" in the oceanside building (not the poolside buildings). We loved it!
The room: We had a 2-room patio apartment. I Enter into a bedroom with 2 beds, a dresser and 2 nightstands and an open-closet area/corner easily big enough to store a cooler and suitcases after you've unpacked. Bathroom was roomy, much larger than the baths in the poolside buildings and more updated with larger cabinetry/sinktop area. Living/kitchen area had a pull-out sofa, side table and a table for 4 with a small full-size fridge/freezer and mini range with small sink area. Too small to spend more than 3-4 days and not big enough to actually cook meals and eat - we always eat out.

Patio area: we were first floor so had a nice patio area with overlooked the dunes. If you are not ground level, you had a balcony and a view of the ocean. The patio area is great if you have small kids because they have an outdoor area to play and each unit is INDIVIDUALLY fenced in and gated. We had 2 lounge chairs and 2 chairs with blooming day lillies. Just a short walk over the dune area and there was the beach. An easy walk if you want to return to make lunch or use the restroom.

If you need extra room, The Dunes has many different-type rooms, including some 2-bedroom 1st floor units.

Housekeeping: always wonderful. I've stayed here many times and staff is very nice and does a fine job.

Location, location, location: At the end of the boardwalk at 27th Street. Don't underestimate this location as being at the end of all the action. At the end of a long day, it's nice to be away from the action. Just beside The Dunes you can rent your bikes for the boardwalk each morning. The beach isn't as crowded as farther down the boardwalk either.

I highly recommend you DON'T stay at this hotel during the month of June. Or any hotel in Ocean City for that matter. That entire month is considered "senior week" for students graduating from high school. Ocean City itself is completely taken over by high school grads who can't handle their booze or act appropriately. It's not a month to take your kids and your time WILL be ruined. In OC, there's a law that says hotels can not discriminate against renters based on their age and so they must rent to them, however, it's hard to control their behavior.

If you're looking for good mexican food, try Tequila Mockingbird at 130th street in the Montego Bay shopping center. Looks like a dive, but food is great. Also, for crabs I recommend PGN crabhouse on 29th Street and Higgins Crab House on 30th Street. Call ahead though to make sure they actually DO have all-you-can-eat crabs.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank lasoul
There are newer reviews for Dunes Court

Reviewed July 7, 2009

My mother, sister and I stayed at the Dunes Motel, not to be confused with the Dunes Hotel next door, over the 4th of July weekend. It was wonderful and we didn't want to leave!

The motel is reasonably priced. We stayed in room 524, with ocean view. Had our own balcony. The room was very clean, with a kitchen fully stocked with dishes, bowls, glasses and silverware. We ate our breakfasts and some lunches in the room and did dinner out.

There is an outdoor pool at the Motel, but you have the option of using the indoor/outdoor pool at the Dunes Hotel next door. You can use any of the Hotel's ammenities as a guest of the motel.

You may hear about bugs in various places up and down the boardwalk. It can get warm and humid afterall. Though we there were some gnats on our balcony that we had to be careful not to let in, we saw no other bugs in the room at all. In the parking lot, you may see a few roaches, but somehow they kept them out of our room, which was a big fear of mine. I was pleasantly surprised by that!

The only negative that some people might experience is that distance from the main attractions. The boardwalk ends right before this motel and the "Dunes" begin, hence the name. But the boardwalk only goes from a few blocks below 1st up to 27th, and there is a tram that stops right next to the motel that will take you all the way to the other end in 30-40 minutes. I can't wait to go back and now I don't think I will ever look further than the Dunes again.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank klein3351f
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Dunes Motel (poolside) from June 1-5. This motel is great. There were no problems checking in/out, and no problems with any of the staff. The rooms were recently remodeled, and very clean as well. It's so close to the boardwalk, and just steps away from the ocean, which we loved. We were also given a voucher, which we could use at the sister hotel-- we only went there for breakfast, but it was very good! The best thing of all is that it was very affordable! By the end of the trip we were seriously considering staying a few extra days, but the main thing that kept us from that was rainy weather. We really hope to visit again next year! Don't hesitate to stay at this motel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cking2007
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My children and I had a great time at this Motel. I stayed on the 5th floor ocean front.
I loved waking early every morning to the sound of that ocean. The dolphins pasted by every morning. The seagulls flew at eye level to our deck. We could hear other wild birds roaming the dunes. The tram in very near by- The room is just fine and includes dishes and such for your cooking needs. I would LOVE to go back and just NEVER EVER leave!! I love the sister Hotel !! It was GREAT to be invited to use all they have to offer like the indoor heated pool with a hot tub--The Gym,Dinningroom,lounge and bike rack!!

I would only suggest that they add video cams to the elevator and at every level of the elevator exits at the motel !!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Pittsburgh-Pa-Mom
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We found the Dunes Motel to be a nice place to stay for the price.
It's location is ideal directly at the end of the boardwalk. Tram stops right aside of the hotel which is great. We stayed for 3 nights in May for Cruisin Weekend. We watched the car parade from our balcony It was one of the nicest accomodations we have found at a reasonable rate. It is not a four star hotel but I don't feel it necessary to stay in one and I didn't expecct it to be at the rate we paid.
The room was clean upon arrival and well kept. The room looked like it was somewhat remodeled recently. We had a efficiency. Small kitchen was nice to use. The staff as a whole was pleasant and the room was cleaned in a timely fashion each day.
The only downside to our stay there was the one elevator they have was not working one evening when we returned. Walking up five flights of stairs ( of course we were lucky to be on the 5th floor! ) did not thrill me in the least! The older woman at the front desk that night was not very pleasant about it either. Elevator was not fixed until the next morning. A discount coupon for a restaurant or a voucher for a free or disounted stay the next time we booked there would have been nice to compensate us for the inconvenience. Nothing was offered! It seems good customer service is a thing of the past unless you pay $400.00 a night.
I would still recommend this motel and will probably stay there again in May of 2009.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank nanaof3
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We stayed in an oceanfront effiecientcy on the third floor on a Sunday and Monday night. Sept 28 and 29.
Beth at the front desk was very pleasant. We got our room about 1pm.
All the staff were very friendly.
The room was clean.
I would only suggest one change. They could put one dresser or desk in the room. Theres a big space where they only have one of those little folding stands for a suitcase. There are no dressers or desks, so there was no place to sit suitcases and the like. There were five of us and we kept having to move our things around depending on whether it was dinner time, bedtime, etc.
We used some of the facilities at the newer Dunes Manor next door. My wife especially enjoyed the afternoon tea over there.
We had a wonderful view of the ocean. It was warm enough to keep the windows and door open to the balcony and sleep soundly listening to the ocean.
I would go back to the Dunes any time we want to go to Ocean City.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Father-of-6
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Wife and I went for anniversary and I didn't bother to check Ocean Citys website but discovered it was the Delmarva bike weekend, was suprised though as the Dunes is at the north end of the board walk and was quit! rooms are spacious and you only need bring food and clothes as there is a small kitchen and livingroom in the ocean front suites,I really have no complaits as the room was clean and the staff very accomadating!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple