Dunes Court
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
$161
ClarionHotels
$180
$162
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
HIExpress.com
$150
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$109
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$219
$391
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$325
Hotels.com
All reviewsocean frontroom was cleanquiet endtwo double bedseach morningcoffee potwater pressurethird floornice staysenior weekcleaning staffmotelboardwalkbalconyratesmicrowavesand
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We stayed in an oceanfront effiecientcy on the third floor on a Sunday and Monday night. Sept 28 and 29.
Beth at the front desk was very pleasant. We got our room about 1pm.
All the staff were very friendly.
The room was clean.
I would only suggest one change. They could put one dresser or desk in the room. Theres a big space where they only have one of those little folding stands for a suitcase. There are no dressers or desks, so there was no place to sit suitcases and the like. There were five of us and we kept having to move our things around depending on whether it was dinner time, bedtime, etc.
We used some of the facilities at the newer Dunes Manor next door. My wife especially enjoyed the afternoon tea over there.
We had a wonderful view of the ocean. It was warm enough to keep the windows and door open to the balcony and sleep soundly listening to the ocean.
I would go back to the Dunes any time we want to go to Ocean City.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Father-of-6
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Wife and I went for anniversary and I didn't bother to check Ocean Citys website but discovered it was the Delmarva bike weekend, was suprised though as the Dunes is at the north end of the board walk and was quit! rooms are spacious and you only need bring food and clothes as there is a small kitchen and livingroom in the ocean front suites,I really have no complaits as the room was clean and the staff very accomadating!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2arers
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Myself,husband and daughter stayed at the Dunes Motel the last week of Labor Day of 2008 and after reading some of these reviews I as well kinda became worried if we made the right choice when we made our reservations and paid for our oceanfront efficiency .
But we figured we give it a shot and walk away with our own opinion afterwards.

Check in was a breeze,the front desk lady was polite and accommodating,since our room wasn't ready.,she still gave us a parking pass so that we could keep our vehicle in the motel lot and offered that we were welcome over at their sister Hotel next door and use their pool/dressing facilities and restaurant.

When our room was ready I was really quite pleased when we walked into our room despite the older look of the building.

The room was clean,no bugs as one of the reviewers commented,no mold/mildew that I saw.
I was expecting a shoe box sized room from another review but it seemed very spacious for our crew,the beds seemed big enough for me even supplied extra pillows and linens for the pull out couch that I will say had seen its better days but personally I don't let a small matter like that ruin my whole stay.

There was a bright wide window with a gorgeous view of the ocean and beach right infront of us,with a door with a lock that could open out towards an enclosed balcony.
The kitchen and sink area seemed efficient enough for our stay.

We brought our own food from home to cook in the room during our stay and there was enough cabinet space and refrigerator space.

Bathroom was small but again,there was enough room to hold our toiletries in a cabinet under the sink and well equipped with lots of towels.
The floor was clean but my only complaint was that the water pressure was alittle strong,but we theorized that was to spray the sand off your body from the beach in the shower.

In front of the motel is a large fenced in sand dune that are considered few and a protected resource down at any beach due to the fact local birds and wildlife reside in them and I did not see a piece of garbage,anywhere,anyplace to tell you the truth.

Outdoor pool was alittle small,but I don't go to the beach to swim in Olympic sized swimming pools at motels.

The indoor outdoor pool was warmed like bathwater,clean,kept my daughter happy when the weather was kinda cloudy out that day.
I didn't try the jacuzzi since I am currently pregnant but dipped my toes in the water, husband liked it and btw,jacuzzis are supposed to be hot and you're not supposed to stay in one all day.

The motel is situated right at the beginning of the Boardwalk right on 27th street,you can catch a Boardwalk Tram car right there,in the morning you can watch people rent out bicycles and bicycle carts,while watching Ocean Citys trademark sunrises drinking a hot cup of coffee from the coffee maker already supplied in our room.

We were just shaking our heads wondering if the people whom really put this place down stayed in some either really fancy hotels or are really picky about things to come to some of the conclusions they did.
I was really happy with our pick,if we weren't going to be renting something bigger next year I would be more then happy to stay here again.

6  Thank Hey_Vanity
Reviewed September 2, 2008

After reading some reviews I was a little scared on what to expect. My only complaint is that we did not get the floor we requested. There is a LARGE dune in front of the Motel so if you don't want an ocean view the first floor is where you want to be. We were still able to see the ocean from the 2nd floor. Room was very clean. A little on the small side. We arrived early, which doesn't happen very often, and we were not allowed in our room. So when we came back later we had to wait because a man was trying to get an OF room at a poolside rate. UGH! I think if you arrive there around 12:30 you should have no problem with parking. I did notice it was VERY crowded later. But we park our car and don't move it until we leave so this was not an issue for us.

5  Thank pafamilydogs
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We stayed at the Dunes Motel from 8/11/08-8/15/08.
A friend of mine recommended this motel to me. I've had some bad experiences with other motels so I was a little frantic. However, there was no need to worry this time. One of the most important things to me is the cleanliness of the facility. The room was very clean, (and believe me I checked everything 2x), the overall facility was clean. The ocean view was amazing & the room was the perfect size for me, my husband & my 4 year old son ( I wouldn’t recommend more than 4 people per room, as the rooms aren’t large enough to fit more than that)..

A few things could have been better to make our stay more convenient/comfortable; the beds were very uncomfortable (the cheapest mattress set on the planet must have been on what we were sleeping on), there is no iron/ironing board in the room (you have to call down to the front desk to ask for it), there were only 3 drawers (so we had to leave all of our stuff in the suit case), and last but not least, parking was terrible. But these minor things didn't amount enough to ruin our stay. We had a great vacation!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hipsthathop