“The Best on the Beach”
Review of Dunes Court

Dunes Court
Ranked #45 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed April 3, 2008

After reading some of the reviews I had to express my thoughts. I have been staying at the Dunes Motel for the past twenty or so years. When I moved from VA Beach to PA I figured the good ol days of beach going were over. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. The Dunes and OC beat VA hands over. In all the years we have been going (at least three times a year) there was only one time we had a problem and that was because we made the mistake of being there in Senior Week. The management gave us a reduced rate for our next booking and offered apologies. I look forward to spending many more years at this motel. In fact I am packing my bags now to depart in the AM for the cheerleading competition my granddaughter is in this weekend. I can only say if you aren't happy at the Dunes Motel you probably won't be happy anywhere. Of course some people expect to be catered to and waited on hand and foot. Me I just want to enjoy the stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank ChickenLady65
There are newer reviews for Dunes Court

Reviewed March 23, 2008

I went here with my family for many years and we were always happy with the place. Great views, right on the beach, the start of the boardwalk, clean and nice. perfect for a family! a nice pool small for the place though. It can get a little loud at times if you have a room near the tram-car, i had a room there for a week and it got a little loud so if you can try and request another room. out of all the years my family went there i only saw one bug so bugs were not really a problem. The rooms are perfect for a family of 4 (there have a pull-out sofa that sleps 2) so you can have 6 people in a room but it wil get small. The kitchen is small but perfect. i have always had a ocean front view for my family enjoys that and the views are great. it would be me my husband and the 2 kids and there was somthing for everyone. the prices are great and if you have AAA you can get a discount. I dont go there and though for the crowd at OC is a young and is starting to become a party place for collage kids. However the stay was great and you will enjoy it very much!

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled with family
3  Thank mylittletraveler
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband and I visited the Dunes back in the late 80's and then again in May of 2007. We stayed for a week each time we went. We had an oceanfront efficiency each time and the rooms were gorgeous. They were very spacious and equipped with kitchen, bath, 2 beds, tv, sofa, table and chairs. There is a door to the balcony as well as a huge sliding window. Having dinner at the table over looking the ocean is quite romantic. The view is breathtaking. The staff was very friendly and our room was cleaned everyday we were there. There was never a complaint. We even recommended the Dunes to friends of ours who stayed in August of 2007 and they were very pleased. We are going back again in May of 2008 to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jammie9973
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Delmarva Bikeweek 2007...hard to find a place to stay where everyone's not partying all night long. The Dunes Motel is the BEST!! Got a room at a GR8 rate at the last minute for 2 nights. We had an AWESOME room, oceanfront smoking efficiency. With a full KITCHENETTE!! Check in was soooo easy & pleasant & our room was ready 5 hours early...they let us in! What a wonderful welcome. The room, linens, flatware, etc. were absolutely clean & the room smelled clean. We both opened the door to the hotel room & felt like we were home...and I felt safe the entire time. The bus stop is 2 blocks away to go down to the inlet area & it's right in front of a 7-11 for convenient stuff. The ocean view can't be beat & the staff are super responsive & friendly. This is it from now on...whenever we go to Ocean City we're staying at the Dunes Motel! It was just my husband & myself, but there were plenty of families but no noisy kids :) What a great experience. You will enjoy your stay at this place! For an ocean front room with daily maid service you CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE!

20  Thank kimmiebrite
Reviewed September 13, 2007

After reading some of these most recent reviews I thought to myself did these people stay at the same place I did. The rates are great for what you get. I researched for hours and could not find another place as economical as the Dunes Motel and offered such great things, like closeness to boardwalk, on the ocean , and outdoor pool. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago and the desk staff was nothing short of amazing. At check in the Desk clerk Beth who was slammed in a previous review went out of her way to find a couple local destinations for myself and my husband were looking for. She was also very generous with her time and patience as I had alot of questions about nearby attractions. The Housekeepers were very friendly and greeted us each time they saw us. Our room was extremely clean and no sign of any bugs. I think some people must expect the moon and the stars for the low rates this motel charges. Hon, if you want that stay at the Hilton and recieve those services, than go ahead and pay $500 plus a night. If you want a great little Ocean Motel just steps to boardwalk , at a price that your family can afford stay here. We had a great time and thanks in part to the amazing staff including the girl in the daytime Aretha who was always very professional and accomodating, we will return.

25  Thank cjohnstonnn
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We frequently visit OC during the summer months for vacation. We are still looking for a great hotel that we can visit every time. The Dunes is not one of them. There are literally hundreds of hotels and motels to choose from in/around Ocean City Maryland. Don't make the same mistake we made! We stayed at dumps that had better customer service.

Yes, the room was spacious and clean-believe me I inspected every crack and crevice. Some of the dishes in the Kitchen were dirty with
hardened food. I guess clean dishes are not a priority-bring your own.

We had an Ocean Front efficiency-the view was spectacular! the layout was perfect for the two of us. The housekeepers always smiled and "hello". The overall vibe of this place is nice. It was everything we could have looked for in a hotel/motel.

Why am I so disgusted? Check in was a Nightmare! Granted we made reservations only 9 days in advance. We were promised the Oceanfront efficiency in the Motel. We called the next day to double check our reservations. When we arrived, we were told our room was in the Hotel, so we had to walk over to the hotel. The Check in clerk Beth, was not friendly to us at all. She told us that all they had were rooms in the hotel and poolfront at the motel. We were friendly, dispite the mix up, and I politely asked her "why wasn't this told to us over the phone?" She shrugged her shoulders and said, "If you don't like what we have to offer you don't have to stay here!" Oh My God, did the representative of this hotel just tell us to take our business elsewhere? We went back to a manager and she was not much help, as Beth made it a point to hover over her when we came back to talk to the Manager. After I asked why would she tell me to take my business somewhere else, she said that the hotel instructed them to say that to a customer when they were unhappy....(no customer service rep should suggest you leave, she was in no postion to instruct us to do so, especially since we were so adamant about staying) Then she said that she was the one we made reservations with and she told us the rooms we wanted were unavailable. She did not tell us that, and the second phone call we made validated the "so-called" reservation. We brought food to cook. There is no way we would have went though all of this if the customer service rep didn't fail to mention that important information. They booked us a room that cost $200 dollars more! How convenient for them! Some way to accomodate a first time guest. The A.S manager Cassandra, got us the room we wanted, but we had to stay where we did not want for the first night. They did not even offer to help us with our luggage during the transfer of rooms-and It was their
mistake! We had to check out our current room/check in a the new one and carry all our bags to another building in the middle of the day-totally ruining what we had planned for that afternoon. What an inconvenience!

It was very obvious that someone made a big mistake, especially
promising us a room we were not going to get. What made it worse was that there was no empathy, and the check in clerk was very unprofessional, Interuppting the conversation between the manager and I to cover her mistakes.

We planned on making this the hotel we visit every time we come to OC. Well, the front desk changed all of that. Rude and customer service and failing to accomodate us in some way over their mistake has proven to me that this place is not worth a penny more of my money. They don't care about their customers here. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

4  Thank angel2115
Reviewed September 4, 2007

ROACHES is all I have to say.....

Hundreds of ROACHES in the kitchenette part when we came in at night to rest we packed up and left.......

Stayed: September 2007