“Slow and terrible service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Brother's Bistro
Ranked #191 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Italian, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Slow and terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Waited forever to get food and had to ask for everything????
The tea was good. They just don't want you to have refills.
Only 5 tables of customers
Food came after 45 minutes and was cold very cold!!!!!
This place is crap. Nothing like cold fish and chips. Sent it back. Would never recommend tis place!!!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Critic19940

Webster, New York
“Loved the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Discovered this restaurant near the end of my stay in OC and had to try not to go back for every meal! The crab dip is one of the best dishes I've ever had. I would go back to OC just to get the crab dip at Brother's Bistro. Not to mention it's right on the boardwalk with outdoor seating.

• Visited June 2013
Apollo, Pennsylvania
“Not so impressed....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our first (and probably last) time to the Brothers Bistro. We ordered a simple lunch: a cold sub, and a Caprese salad. The waitress (who was very congenial), immediately took our order. After 1/2 hr. of waiting, she came back and told us they were out of basil.....one of the MAIN ingredients in a Caprese salad - would I like to order it w/o....uhhhhhhh.....no. So, I ordered a meatball sub.......at least 1/2 hr. later, it came out. Not the best meatballs I've ever had, and very little sauce.The homemade chips were ok. People were getting up and leaving because the service was so poor. One table even asked to see the manager - s/he never showed up......I read on another review that the reason they have any business is because it's travelers that are unaware of what they will experience when going here - that is definitely true..........there are better places to eat.....

• Visited October 2013
Gardners, Pennsylvania
“Food was good, atmosphere not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ordered two brick oven pizzas to share since they were small. We ordered a white pizza and a Greek pizza. Both were really good. My husband ordered a dark beer and the server said that if he had not had it before he should try it first to make sure he liked it. So he went and got him a sample. I ordered a Blue Moon, but the server told me it was not cold enough so I got a Yuengling instead. I noticed on the bill after we left I was still charged for the Blue Moon even though the Yuengling should have been $1 cheaper. All of a sudden just before our meal was served, loud music started playing and a singer in the corner started singing. She was pretty good and did decent covers of the songs, but it was too loud to really talk and we were pretty far away from her. I noticed some people sitting closer were trying to have a party of some sort so I can't imagine how much it disturbed them. Overall the food was good and the service was pretty good, but the atmosphere was not great.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gayle B
“Every time a nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visiting Ocean City in the summer is one of our family tradition for more than a decade. We are always staying at Howard Johnson's hotel, so having breakfast every morning at this restaurant became kind of a tradition as well. That's why after I read the reviews here I had to check twice if it's the same place that we've been in! The waitresses are always polite and helpful and the food is at a much higher level than other restaurants in Ocean City! If you go there at lunch or dinner time you have to try the chicken marsala, it's my wife's favorite. They have a kids menu as well, and some really nice deserts.

• Visited August 2013