“do not go there”

Ranked #11 of 33 Dessert in Ocean City
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I went there my hard scoop was soft and my soft serve had gone bad a week ago the shop is very small the prices are high and the staff isn't friendly or talkitve

Rick D, Owner at King Kone, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Amy, I apologize that you did not find your experience at King Kone to be exceptional. As the owner, I take comments like this very seriously. I can assure you that our Soft Serve is rotated by date and that none of our Soft Serve has been, or is currently, out of date. I also checked to make sure our machines are operating at the correct temperatures. As for the staff, we pride ourselves on having the best staff at the beach and I will be sure to speak with the folks that were working yesterday. Please allow us the opportunity to make it up to you...We would appreciate any additional feedback you can give.

Best Regards,
Rick

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The new(er) owners have promised a makeover, and I can't wait to get down this summer to see how it looks.
Almost always crowded, it is that way for a reason.
The ice cream is Hershey's -- and it is delicious. My personal favorite is the peanut butter cup (but I wish they carried the vanilla ice cream instead of the chocolate -- but it's not enough not to make me get it. :) )
My husband's favorite is the birthday cake. Seriously, we ask them on FB if they have it before we go. They run out quickly. (It is really that yummy.)
My brother-in-law actually did the Gorilla challenge last summer -- and that was fun to watch. Even the staff was cheering him on -- and the customers too! (Somehow he didn't get sick after. ;) )
This is a family owned & run business, and we look forward to seeing them.
Great place in North OC to get ice cream and know you are supporting a local family!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family has been going to King Kone for many years.....Its like "Cheers" everyone knows your name.....We just love it....

Reviewed March 6, 2013

king kone challenge is AWESOME. it is the best ice cream place ever. the people there are so nice. they aren't as cold as those other ice cream places that are just corporate. this is the small private business that you need to support!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Family favorite in OC...my kids love the gorilla out front and their ice cream is the best!

Definitely get the feel of a family-run business and if you are brave enough, try to eat their "Gorilla Sundae" in one sitting. Super cute idea...and fun way to get your name on the wall. My kids love going there and reading all the names on the wall and can't wait until they are old enough to try the challenge.

Always friendly service and a family favorite for over a decade!

Been to King Kone? Share your experiences!