“Above average Pan-Asian in a plain mall wrapper”
Review of Blue Fish

Blue Fish
Ranked #47 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Blue Fish offers the freshest and highest quality Japanese food in Ocean City! From sushi to soups and salads, you'll love our Japanese comfort food. Our high-energy and family-friendly restaurant is the perfect place to join your friends or loved ones for a delicious and healthy meal. Blue Fish offers a variety of traditional Japanese dishes including Tempura, Teriyaki, Udon, and more! Try our popular Hawaiian Roll with its Tempura coconut shrimp, fresh mango, and avocado - all drizzled with the chef's incredible mango sauce. Looking for something with a little more spice? Our Tuna Madness Roll features spicy tuna, cilantro, and jalapeno. Of course, you'll find other notable Asian cuisine classics on our menu such as Sweet & Sour Pork, Veggie Lo Mein, and Szechuan Beef. We choose our fresh ingredients for their quality, color, and flavor to guarantee that our sushi is nothing less than the best! Unwind with a beer or sake to accompany your meal as you take a break from your busy day-to-day and maybe even catch a game on one of our restaurant TVs. When you're running low on time, simply call in your order and take it to go. Blue Fish even offers catering for your special event or business meeting. Trust Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant to provide you the best in fresh, high quality, and affordable Japanese cuisine!
Reviewed August 12, 2012

At this pan-asian restaurant I ordered a summer special, coconut shrimp. I have ordered this dish at other places and been disappointed by the small, dried out shrimp. Not this time! First, I was impressed by the attractive presentation of meals on sparking white china in unusual shapes. Mine came on a square plate with dimples around the edges, decorated by a carrot rosette.The meal itself included large, plump, and tender shrimp, in a coconut milk sauce, with chunks of fresh melon, pineapple, and cantaloupe, sprinkled with large shreds of fresh-tasting coconut. A side of rice was included, all for a very reasonable price. The decor leaned to Japanese simplicity, with an attractively terraced ceiling, but the black rubber-like flooring did not appeal to me. The place was a bit noisy with reverberations. The service was good but could have been a little more attentive to this solo diner. The restaurant is located in the parking lot of a mostly empty mall property-at least there is plenty of parking. This was one of the better meals I had while visiting OC MD, where I was otherwise sadly disappointed in the seafood (ironically).

Reviewed August 11, 2012

They have Japanese, Chinese and Thai food there also. Prices weren't bad and service was very good. I was in OC for a week and this was my favorite restaurant. The food was very flavorful.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The best sushi, and Japanese cuisine in general in Ocean City, but it is nothing phenomenal and the Chinese food they serve is not very good at all. However if you want sushi in town this is the place to go and the prices and portions are all fair.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I were in Ocean City for almost a week. We drove by this restaurant several times and didn't think that it looked good from the outside.
We were really in the mood for good Chinese food and decided to stop in. To our surprise when we opened the door, it was PACKED. There was a small wait (about 20 minutes during the summer), which we didn't mind as it didn't seem too long for the time of year. The restaurant is beautiful on the inside, not much room for waits but beautiful otherwise.
We were seated at a table and our waitress, Brennan greeted us and took our drink order. As soon as she dropped off our drinks we were ready to order our food. My husband had questions regarding some of the options and Brennan ensured us that if he wanted Chicken with mixed vegetables with a different sauce, that could be done! We ordered and our food came out VERY quickly considering how busy they were.
The presentation of the food reminds me of PF Changs but the food was better. About a minute later (I had literally only taken a couple of bits of my food,) Brennan stopped by to check on us to ensure that everything was good. She also noticed that my glass was half empty and offered to refill our drinks. I couldn't finish my meal and she offered to box it up. I didn't have enough rice left over and asked if I could just get a little bit of white rice to take home. Brennan didn't even hesitate to let me know that was not a problem.
We received our check and it was reasonably priced.
Brennan did an amazing job and I let her know to keep up the great service. She was by far the best server we had during our entire stay in Ocean City. If you are in the area, please stop by and ask for Brennan to be your server. Well worth it!!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Did carry out last night. Was very surprised how small the portions were for the price. Crispy beef wasn't crispy and the avocado salad was very small for the price-3 pieces of lettuce..
If you must have Japanese/Chinese food while in OC, this is one of your few choices. Food was just OK, not memorable.