“Best 18 bucks spent in OCMD”
Review of Sea Rocket

Sea Rocket
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved, loved, loved the Sea Rocket. The crew was so friendly. My family had a great time. In a town where everything is overpriced, this was the best money spent by far. Will go again next year!

All reviews
"next year"
in 8 reviews
"hot summer day"

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We took a ride on the Sea Rocket on July 3rd during a week of the most intense heat we have ever experienced while on vacation. The breeze was much appreciated. Great experience from the purchase of our tickets, to the ice cream while in line to board on the dock, seeing the cownose rays in the shallow water, the fun captain and first mate and views along the Boardwalk and hotel and condos up the Atlantic coast to the bottom of Delaware. Only disappointment was tha tthe dolphins weren't out during our trip but we did see them the next day from the pier.
Only recommendation would be to apply alot of suncreen 70+ to your face and forehead as my hat would not stay on due to the speed of the boat and I ended up with raccoon eyes, but white from my sunglasses and everything else was burnt red!

1  Thank Haggis678
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had a great time. Went for a ride on a super hot Ocean City day. The crew were fantastic, took the time to slow down so we could all get great views of dolphins. Would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the area. Our 5yo loved it.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

As we hopped on the boat, the captain warned us that the back of the boat was getting a bit wet. Of course, my wife opts for us to sit in the back despite the good number of seats towards the middle. Fortunately, I was the only one who paid for her decision as only the back edges got extremely wet. And when I say wet, I mean completely soaked. That being said, if you enjoy getting wet, sit towards the back. If you prefer to be dry, get there early and sit up front. Despite my soaking, I greatly enjoyed the ride as did my young children. We saw dolphins, the entire coastlne of OC, and were provided with interesting commentary of what we saw. I would go again, but will heed the captain's advice in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I took my 6 year old son on his first Sea Rocket ride and he LOVED it!

Everyone working for the Rocket, from the ticket booth to the captain made this ride a memorable one for us. As soon as we boarded the boat, there was reggae music playing (Shaggy), the deck-hands and captain were having fun with the passengers and everything about this first impression pointed to a fun time.

As we departed the captain gave us a run-down of procedures and a brief history about the Sea Rocket. Before you knew it the reggae music was playing again and we were out to sea, flying down the OC coastline. We sat towards the front, on the right-hand side and my son was thrilled watching the ocean go by and we laughed every time the water sprayed us in the face.

We made it all the way past the DE boarder and to the Fenwick lighthouse before turning around for the return trip. Now facing the shore, we got a chance to see all of the hotels and condos along the beach. On the trip back, the captain gave us some interesting facts about some of the buildings. Unfortunately, we did not see any dolphins.

If you want to get wet, sit in the back. If you want to get not so wet, sit towards the front. This is the advise most people give, but on this fun ride, we all got wet. It seams that the deck hands like to have a bit of fun too and sprayed us all with super soakers as we docked. They were even shooting water over the cockpit and into the rear of the boat as we were speeding down the coast.

Watch your electronics, they can get wet and probably will, so be careful. There is no bathroom on board, so go before the 1 hour ride. There were clean restrooms located in the free parking area. Oh, and before you board, a crew member will take a photo of you and your party. When you leave, the photos are on an easel for you to purchase. $5 for a great keepsake is a VERY reasonable price in this resort town.

You will not regret riding the Sea Rocket. My son and I had a wonderful and fun time and made a memory that will last a life time.

2  Thank Cyclone2933