“Pirate Fun!”

Duckaneer Pirate Ship Tours
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pirate Fun!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

What a great time for Family and all! Our family loved the trip on board the Duckaneer. It was an exciting riding with the kids and searching for the long lost treasure. The kids really enjoyed the
trip on the boat and battling the pirates for treasure. The Captain, Skittles and Commander Joe really made the trip fun for the kids. If you are headed to OC, take a trip on the Duckaneer!

Visited July 2013

Monkton, Maryland
“Family adventure”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a fantastic time, the crew was great, very entertaining, lots of fun, they really focused on the kids !! We will do this again
The kids loved seeing the wild horse of Assateague and the lovely Ocean City Bay Area. The adventure was fun as the pirate crew was hilarious and really took the kids on a great adventure. The children especially loved going home with the treasure after then water battle and fun.
Better than the boardwalk crowds and loads of fun.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for small children”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Awesome entertainment, very unique. My daughter loved it. Only go on very hot days because you will get a little wet and it was a little chilly when we went.

Visited June 2013
Westminster, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“This was a nice thing for the kids...but everyone gets soaked.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We are always in search of really cool family activities. This pirate adventure was something we had not done before so we signed up. I made reservations over the phone a couple of days before we arrived in Ocean City. We showed up a half hour early on the day of our reservation and there were not enough people present to sail. Please start telling people this over the phone, it really annoyed me. I do not want to fight the miserable parking and have two excited children for a mere possibility that they might get to go on the pirate adventure.

Luckily, the next day, we were able to go on the ride. The kids had a really good time. The "pirates" were really convincing for kids. You are probably safe with kids up to 8 years old, anything older than that would find this silly. You sail out into the bay and once they have you distracted, this guy speeds up on a little speed raft and starts soaking people with a super soaker. You are armed with little water guns...you could spit more water than these little guns can. I mean, the kids were having a blast, but he was aiming at the parents in addition to the kids...I didn't want to get soaked, I wanted the kids to get soaked. I do mean SOAKED....S-O-A-K-E-D. Just to make that clear. I was not dressed appropriately and suffered for it. I guess the important thing is the kids have a good time on this trip and get to take a handful of "booty" from the pirate's chest before they leave.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank cheermom1986
Greenlawn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun for young kids”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We took our 4 and 6 year olds who are very into pirates and they definitely enjoyed it. I'm glad we did it once but don't know if we'd do it again. I guess I was expecting something a bit more, but it's really geared for younger kids. There were 2 pirates who told a pirate story, then drew tattoos and mustaches on the kids with crayon. They tried to make all the moms bearded ladies which I was not doing. We went out in the bay for an hour just staying around the same spot. A bad pirate came up on a speedboat getting everyone wet with super soakers filled with sea water. My 4 year old was scared and cried the rest of the time. Everyone got soaked!! Then they got a treasure cheat from the bad pirate and the kids got to take a handful of treasure (rings, bracelets, toy eyeballs and gold coins). Then they did limbo. All in all it was fun.