“So much fun! Prepared to be wet!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Duckaneer Pirate Ship Tours
Philadelphia, PA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“So much fun! Prepared to be wet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

The week we were in Oc, MD the heat wave was going on - felt like 100+ every day. It was hard to to anything because it was so hot!! We decided to take the early tour (11am) - there was 4 of us, my husband, and 4 and 6 year old girls. There was only 3 other families on that tour, which turned out to be a good thing because there is only 1 small canopy for shade and all 13 of us could sit under to get away from the scorching heat. If the boat was full, it would have been a disaster only because it was so hot.

The pirates are great - really into their characters! We were warned that we would get wet, I just really didn't realize how wet - anyone planning on going should put their camcorder and camera in a ziploc bag. I had mine in my canvas tote, and it still got wet. There isn't any safe (dry) spot once the water cannon start. We are thankful for them - it really cooled us off. Before that I thought my kids and husband were going to pass out. They should really sell cold water on the boat for those people who didn't think of bringing it. Thankfully, we did.
The kids got a moustache "painted" on their face (more like a wax crayon) and an eyepatch. Actually, I'm a good sport and got one on my face too! =)
When the pirate who attacks the ship with the supersoaker gives up, he gives the pirates on our ship the treasure box. The kids can all take 1 handful of treasure to take home. It was a great time.
It was my girls first time on a boat and my 6 year old got a little quezy from the swaying of the boat. Just something to keep in mind.
Worth the $60! We also used coupons for $3 off from the Sunny Day guide. You need 1 coupon per person.
They take your picture before you get on the boat and you can buy it for a minimum of $7 when you exit the dock. "Minimum" meaning they want you to give more than $7 - they say it's for their college fund...$7+ still isn't bad, so we got the picture.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank Kathryn102

mountaintop
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Prepare to be sopping wet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

The Duckaneer Pirate Ship is for those kids and parents who are planning on getting sopping, soaking, see-through-your-clothes kind of wet. Passengers are warned that they will be the victims of a super soaker. The college kid "pirates" are interested in soaking the most attractive members of the female adult crowd. (wonder why that is?) One mother was so wet that her purse was dripping water. I can only imagine what happened to her camera and video camera that was inside of it. My child was so upset with the 15 minute water attack that she was shivering begging for it to stop. (there is no hope of hiding) If your kids and you want a silly, water gun fight for your money, enjoy! If you want a little more tame adventure with more of a pirate theme and toddler friendly play, chose one of the other pirate adventures in Ocean City.

Visited July 2011
6 Thank mountain92
MD
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

My children thoroughly enjoyed this boat ride, from the history to the pirate fun to the face painting to the bounty. Parents even got in on the fun with the water cannons!

If you are looking for a fun activity with kids - give this a try. Check out sunny day or visitor's guide for money saving coupons!

6 Thank jack21903
NJ
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Definitely the highlight of the trip for the kids (and me too!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

On a recent trip to Ocean City (August, 2010) I surprised our kids (5, 8 yrs old) with a ride on the Duckaneer. Once aboard, the children received tattoos (parents too!) and were recruited to search for pirate treasure. The energetic crew stayed in full character during the ride (around Assateague Island) and they engaged the kids the whole way. To say the kids enjoyed themselves would be an understatement! They were entertained from the moment we arrived, but the laughter hit a fevered pitch during the action-packed "attack" by a wayward pirate armed with a motor boat and a super soaker! We were ALL soaked by the time we "conquered" the pirate (pirate ship has water-firing cannons)! Kids then received a handful of treasure and earned their official eye patches as we headed back to the dock. I got some incredible pictures and video! Please be warned that it may be impossible to keep you and your belongings dry during this adventure but none of the adults seemed to mind – we were all having a great time! Ticket price seemed steep at first ($19 per person ages 4+) – but well worth it in the end. Very well run attraction! Length: 50 minutes

10 Thank LindaVan