“A don't miss for something different”
Review of Decatur Diner

Decatur Diner
Ranked #62 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“A don't miss for something different”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

As we're always looking for the new out of the way place for a good meal, we noticed a listing for this diner. It's south of town on the way to Assateague a bit, but it's worth the short drive. We went for a late breakfast. The menu lists some usual fare, but there are some other things on there we just had to try. First of all, we noticed the deep fried bologna. What is that??? So we tried an order and what a dish. Who'd a thought... Thick cut beef bologna deep fried. Oh my.....with spicy brown mustard on a bed of lettuce. The lettuce makes it healthy... We also ordered a Rueben - but unfortunately the corned beef had just run out, so why not just make it a turkey Rueben. Home cooked real turkey and no shortage of meat on the sandwich. Excellent. But the coup de gras was ordering the "Pipeline". It needs to be ordered with a signature on a waiver of liability form. And of course I ordered a large one, even after the waitress said "are you sure?" Probably 5 pounds of home fries, sausage, eggs and onions piled high and topped. And I didn't let well enough alone - I had them put creamed chipped beef gravy on it too. I can't really describe it properly, but it really is a tasty dish - or brick. At least it made 2 meals for both of us. I really can't believe I ate as much as I did but once you start you can't stop. So fried bologna, reuben, and pipeline. With Thrashers Fries and FIsher's Popcorn a bit later. The only way I'm sure I'm still alive is that I'm sitting here writing this.

Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast and nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I've known about this place since it opened but never went until last month. Now, I've been there 4 times in the past 3 weeks! No over-the-top, crazy items, just great breakfasts. Good prices too. Staff is always very friendly and accommodating.

1 Thank Scott0972
Marietta, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find in OCMD”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We happened upon the Decatur Diner after it was recommended by a waitress at the Dough Roller. We wanted breakfast and the Roller was only serving lunch. What a find! I have to honestly say that she lost us with her little piece of advice for life. This is a great little place with a super friendly staff and really good food! I love the OCBELT on a bagel. The lunches sound really good as well but I haven't ventured off the breakfast menu yet because I love that so much! It's now a must stop for us every time we visit OC! I highly, highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank misboyles
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Yeah for Breakfast”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good breakfast. Hubby had the 1/2 serving of the Pipeline with sausage gravy! That thing was huge. We both had a small bowl of grits. They were good and hot. I had the cinnamon raison french toast. It was very good. The only complaint - there syrup was watered down and not sweet at all. It kind of killed the french toast for me. Next time, I would bring my own syprup. Loved the atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
Myersville
“Sure Breakfast”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had our first breakfast this morning and it exceeded our expectations. We went there based on positive reviews. My wife had French toast stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese while I tried a spinach, feta cheese and tomato omelet plus grits and toast. We did our usual dish sharing and it was great.

We will definitely go back again on future visits to Ocean City.

• Visited November 2013