“Great little diner!”

Decatur Diner
Ranked #62 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our first visit to this diner was prompted by its good reviews. What a find! To begin with, the staff is friendly, cleancut, helpful, and efficient. Our eggs - even the poached - were cooked perfectly to order. The home fries are the best ever, and the coffee was absolutely excellent. The place is small, crowded and noisy, however, the food and the service are top notch. The menu has a little of everything for everyone. Can't wait to try the special pancakes and french toast. We are vacationing for 3 weeks and will be back many, many times. Well done! to the owners, the cooks, and the very, very good staff. You should be very proud. Good things really do come in small packages.

2  Thank Diana T

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don't know if it's the potatoes they use or the seasoning they put on them, but their hash browns are fantastic, and I can usually take 'em or leave 'em when it comes to hash browns. Biscuits in sausage gravy were also very good, as was the sausage patty ordered on the side. Comments about the coffee are also spot on, it's excellent as well. And they have Taylor Ham (or Pork Ham as they referred to it here) which was a nice surprise.

1  Thank zGoRU
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great place to stop by and grab some breakfast any time of the day. Not too pricey. Old style decor. You have to try the "Pipeline" if you are a hungry eater.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped here at 9 AM on a Sunday as a party of six. We were seated easily. The decor is cute and clean. My kids enjoyed the old-time charm.
My Western omelette was really good...its something I always get so I can compare them to a lot of restaurants. Also, their homefries were great for me...big chunks of potato and not everything deep fried and greasy.
I thought the portions of the kids' meals were a little skimpy but my kids couldn't finish them so it was more than enough.
We passed by about an hour later and the parking lot was packed. So it pays to get there early, even on vacation!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The owners of this Diner are also the cooks, my husband thought that was cool. My kids loved the French Toast with chocolate and peanut butter inside! It was a little to sweet for me, but you know kids. My husband stuck with the usual egg and cheese sandwich and I had pancakes with banana on them. They also had lunch and dinner but we were only there for breakfast. The servers were fantastic and very friendly! We even saw a girl who worked at the campground we where staying at, which was Castaways Campground, she remembered us and talked about our stay and gave us a little hints as to what to do in the campground.

1  Thank Jane L