“Darn Good Coffee”

Cuisines: Diner
Frederick, Maryland
“Darn Good Coffee”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

After a rough night camping in the rain, we stopped into Decatur Diner for breakfast. The kids all ordered chocolate chip pancakes and hot chocolate, which they all inhaled. The whipped cream on top was a real treat for them. My wife also did pancakes, which she liked. I tried the sausage gravy with home fries. The gravy had larger sausage chunks than what I am used to for sausage gravy, but I still enjoyed it. The home fries were greasy and would have been perfect after a night of several adult beverages, but that was not the kind of trip we were on. I did eat some, but my wife wasn’t touching them. The coffee was surprisingly good, far better than I would expect from a diner. Our server was super nice.

• Visited June 2012

New York City, New York
“Good food, quick service”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stopped here for q quick breakfast on a Sunday (Memorial weekend). The place was packed. We were told there would be a 20 minute wait but we were actually sitted in about 10 minutes. The food was good, Nothing spectacular but good, fresh food. What was really good is coffee. Not your usual watery staff that's so often passes as coffee in the diners but a real deal. The service was quick and efficient and always with a smile on a face.

• Visited May 2012
Clarksville, Maryland
“Second visit not so good”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Tried it in January and it was fabulous food. Too bad it wasnt this time. The pancakes were thin and rubbery. The stuffed french toast reminded me of two slices Aunt Jemima frozen french toast, toasted, with a teaspoon of peanut butter and half of a banana. So sad.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yummy in a beachy atmosphere”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had a wonderful breakfast here. The sausage links are the best ever! On weekends, be prepared for a short wait. It is worth the wait!

Mechanicsburg, PA
“Best Breakfast of the Trip !!”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

While staying at a local campground, we tried the Decatur Diner for breakfast. The food was great, my children loved the M&M pancakes! The service & staff was fast & friendly.

• Visited April 2011