“Food Allergy Conscious; Great Food!”
Review of Anthony's Carryout

Anthony's Carryout
Ranked #45 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: This restaurant is a small place started in 1954. It serves great food from the old car hop/drive in days.... Best roast beef in town, sandwiches that are freshly prepared, fresh cut fries... A little slice of heaven when at the beach!!!
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Ocean City for at least 25 years and I tried Anthony's for the first time last summer. Let me tell you, that this place has some of the best cheese steaks and roast beef subs that I've ever had.

Very retro feel to the place. They only accept cash, and the ATM inside charges $3, so always good to come prepared and bring cash.

I want to mention that my family has severe food allergies and they are very accommodating. Please double check with them if you try the place, but our allergies are: fish, shellfish, tree nuts, sesame, and beans. We are able to have fries and the majority of food there. Sub rolls are sesame free which is great. Please check with them as restaurants can always change ingredients or add new items that aren't food allergy safe.

The subs are a little expensive, but as other reviewers pointed out, they are packed and can be shared. I always recommend getting the small sub rolls over the kaiser rolls as I feel that you get more for the money.

Some other tips:

They have tons of condiments including lessor known au jus and horseradish.

My family will continue to visit Anthony's every time we are in the area!

2  Thank zerobeer

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Anthony's has the best hand carved roast beef and ham sandwiches period. Always piled high and delicious. One of the places that is a must eat at every time we are in O.C.!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Well Henry Winkler did, but the Fonz would have been right at home, the same knotty pine that marked Arnolds' is in evidence here, giving a retro feel that reflects the 50+ years A's has been a part of the OC scene. The BEST "roast beast" in town, and better fries than Thrashers. Pizza isn't bad either.
The Sandwiches seem $$ but are huge and can easily feed two light eaters, so order up a generous fry and have at. It is crowed at the traditional meal times so hit it off peak if you dislike crowds,however the staff is hyper efficient, and will have you served toot sweet.

1  Thank Dwayne L
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Don't let the outside looks deceive you...great subs inside. 12" subs are pricey, but can be easily shared by two.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

You would not think this place would have good food to go, but they do! Different subs, food, etc. to choose from. My sub was excellent. They also have an extensive inventory of beer, wine, etc. Don't pass this place up!

Sandy S, Manager at Anthony's Carryout, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Although we appreciate your 4 star review, we are located on 17th street, and do not sell alcohol. I think you meant to review Anthony's Beer & Wine on 33rd. Thank you!