“Amazing Food!”

Anthony's Carryout
Ranked #43 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: This restaurant is a small place started in 1954. It serves great food from the old car hop/drive in days.... Best roast beef in town, sandwiches that are freshly prepared, fresh cut fries... A little slice of heaven when at the beach!!!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food here is amazing! Had one of the best Philly Cheesesteaks I have ever had! The Turkey Club is also one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.

1  Thank beachgoers1232013
There are newer reviews for Anthony's Carryout

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Quaint little find
One of the best fresh carved sandwiches.
Fries: big enough to share
Even the small
But really just savor the sandwich
You can watch your sandwich being carved
They do serve on 3 types of bread
Submarine style, kaiser roll , plain toast or bread
Excellent Find

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Food was very good and reasonably priced. We ordered Pulled beef sandwhich, chicken baskets and cheese steak, everything was wonderful and the portions were large. The service was fast

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a nice pizza and onion rings. You can watch them slice the beef for barbecues right off the roast as you dine at the picnic tables. I imagine this is where they shine as we saw several diners enjoying the barbecue there. I'm surprised this is rated #6 out of 318 restaurants in OC however. Must be the close proximity to the busier beach area and the casual picnic table ambiance.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Talk about a restaurant which sells itself! I totally understand why this eatery has become a high-water mark for Ocean City tourists and locals alike for the many years it has. I first experienced this place about three summers ago, and it keeps getting better as times goes by. My usual when visiting Anthony’s, an establishment I visited weekly during my stint as an Ocean City local, was: the big roast beef, small fry, drink. Although delicious and always pleasing to my palate, I never understood why I purchased an order of fries. I guess I am just a glutton for good food. Every time I left this place I felt satisfied in stomach, mind, and wallet. The roast beef was cooked just right-never salty. The fries were a crispy, golden brown flavor-blast in the mouth.

The atmosphere is great. For those of you who enjoy restaurants with the feel of yesteryear, this is your place. The swivel stools and great 1950s and 60s rock and roll hits heard in the background take you back to the Ocean City you may remember as a kid. The service is fast and friendly. They use a ticket system which keeps things moving at a great pace.

Do yourself a favor and check this place out during your stay in Ocean City. It is a good place to eat with family or solo. Best deal in OC.