“Just plain good food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Anthony's Carryout
Ranked #48 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant is a small place started in 1954. It serves great food from the old car hop/drive in days.... Best roast beef in town, sandwiches that are freshly prepared, fresh cut fries... A little slice of heaven when at the beach!!!
York, Pennsylvania
“Just plain good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a nice pizza and onion rings. You can watch them slice the beef for barbecues right off the roast as you dine at the picnic tables. I imagine this is where they shine as we saw several diners enjoying the barbecue there. I'm surprised this is rated #6 out of 318 restaurants in OC however. Must be the close proximity to the busier beach area and the casual picnic table ambiance.

Visited July 2013

Pulaski, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Roast Beef Boss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Talk about a restaurant which sells itself! I totally understand why this eatery has become a high-water mark for Ocean City tourists and locals alike for the many years it has. I first experienced this place about three summers ago, and it keeps getting better as times goes by. My usual when visiting Anthony’s, an establishment I visited weekly during my stint as an Ocean City local, was: the big roast beef, small fry, drink. Although delicious and always pleasing to my palate, I never understood why I purchased an order of fries. I guess I am just a glutton for good food. Every time I left this place I felt satisfied in stomach, mind, and wallet. The roast beef was cooked just right-never salty. The fries were a crispy, golden brown flavor-blast in the mouth.

The atmosphere is great. For those of you who enjoy restaurants with the feel of yesteryear, this is your place. The swivel stools and great 1950s and 60s rock and roll hits heard in the background take you back to the Ocean City you may remember as a kid. The service is fast and friendly. They use a ticket system which keeps things moving at a great pace.

Do yourself a favor and check this place out during your stay in Ocean City. It is a good place to eat with family or solo. Best deal in OC.

• Visited August 2012
United States
“Excellent roast beef sandwich.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Tried based on the reviews. They were right. An excellent roast beef sandwich. A bit expensive but it was good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Locals Know Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

There is not much more than can be said about Anthony's that hasn't already been said. I've sat inside and outside many times. The food is always great and plenty of it too. Don't be frustrated if you see a long line inside, the lines move fast. Everyone knows how good it is. As for the recent rating someone wrote about cleanliness, there has never been a problem when I've been there -- and I've been there a lot! The only thing that smells, is the great smell of the food being prepared while you watch. Don't miss out on their breakfast, lunch or dinners! I'll probably SEA you there sometime..

• Visited July 2013
Wayne, NJ
“Sit outside...inside is disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband had a roast beef sandwich which he loved. My son and I got ice cream. If I hadn't stepped inside I would have given this a better review. The inside smells like urine and is dirty. I may have returned but would never order food from here again...imagine how dirty the part is that the customers don't see.

Visited July 2013