Lambros and Hampton House Hotel Apartments
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
Very Good 4/5
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$67
$130
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$99
Very Good 4/5
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Very Good 4/5
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$230
$211
Great 4.5/5
Paradise Plaza Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$89
$70
$59
QualityInn
Good 3.5/5
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$199
$170
HolidayInn.com
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I booked this apartment as a last-minute getaway mini-weekend. My family and I were excited when we saw the nice pictures on the website and the location is great. The manager on the phone did not tell me that it will not be in the red house.

When we got there, we were told it will be in the next building on top of the Sunsation store. I was kind of disappointed but think it should be Okay sine it is the same family. But I was wrong. The two-bedroom apartment was spacious, but it was serioulsy outdated -- Very old furniture, horrible bathroom(my 6-yeard-old calls it disgusting, and would not go to the bathroom). The kitchen is functional but the sink is rusty. The carpet was old and looked like from the 1960s.

We decided to stay because of the location. But then we found out that the shower did not work, only steaming hot water was coming out. We called the front desk and nobody answered. I went too the front desk and sat there for 15 minutes, but nobody was there. I tried to call the only number for 20 times, nobody was answering. At 10:00pm(4 hours after I left the voicemail), I left another voicemail and threatened to leave and ask for a refund, then I got a call from a manager, who did not apologize, instead, saying that they have sent people up to check, but noboby was there! They expect me to be in the gross apartment all the time while I am supposed to be on vacation.

The rooms were oceanfront, but it was soooo noisy at night(the windows are definitly not sound-proof) that we had horrible sleep at nights. The window air-conditioners are very noisy.

The swimming pool they said we "have access to", it is actually a small public pool.

We were trying to find another nice place, but it was all booked, so we were stuck there for two nights.

One more thing --- they make you pay cash when check-in, so it is very difficult to get refund or just leave if you are not happy.-- They've got the money. Do not pay them cash.

It serioulsy ruined my mood and put a big dent in our mini-vacation. It is not worth the money, and the stay. I will NEVER ever go there again.

Room Tip: Your vacation will be paritially ruined here
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessica_VA_11
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I also was stuck in the building that wasn't connected to the main lodge/apartments and the room looked like it was from 1940. Old fridge, wicker furniture, small 10" TV, double faucet sink that had hot pouring from one and cold from the other. No handsoap, towels, sheets, or TP of course they tell you this before you come. The only great part from my experience was the location and the great deck right by the boardwalk. For the money I'd definitely stay somewhere else. It's about expectations and i guess for a $700 dollar stay for two nights you'd at least want some upgraded things in the apartments. In one bedroom, it just opened to another bedroom which had the only bathroom so everyone had to go through their bedroom to get to the bath. The parking was a little further than a block away in a grass lot! So that seemed a little silly also. Anyways... it was just o.k. for me. But the main house could have been better, so perhaps you could make sure that you request the main house specifically.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Okinawa2357
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My husband, myself and our two children (ages 4yrs and 1 yr) stayed at the Lambros House the end of August/beginning of September. We figured from the website that the buildings would be older buildings (being right on the boardwalk). Our efficiency was okay-not fancy and not "user friendly" to people with small children. It was noisy at all hours of the day and night and unfortunately we had an end unit with a screen door that people slammed at all hours. There is also no swimming pool, which was a minus with kids. The best part was the location-right on the boardwalk and only a few steps onto the beach. We had a great vacation, but if possible would stay in the Hampton House with more privacy and maybe less noise or choose a place not on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank kbzmsw
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Lambros and Hampton House is a quaint charming hotel that offers clean comfortable rooms at a great price. We stayed in the Lambros building and had a great vacation. You can't beat the amazing location that is right on the boardwalk or the huge patio to sit out on to people watch and enjoy the view.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank liz1004
Reviewed August 10, 2010

After looking at the website, my husband and I booked an efficiency for 4 nights. If you decide to book a reservation at this property, please be aware that there are actually two potential properties that you could stay at. The first is the Hampton House - this is the reddish building that you see predominately on the website. This is also where the pictures of the rooms come from for the website.

The other property, the grey building atop Sunsations, Lambros House is where my husband and I stayed. Note - we had no idea we would not be in Hampton House. While I have no experience with Hampton House, although it seemed very nice and the guests seemed happy, I was very, very disappointed with the Lambros Apartments. The hallways were close, dark, and musty. The room wasn't much better. The mattress actually leaned to the right, and there was a pretty large indentation in the mattress on the right side. There were also rusted springs sticking out of the mattress on the sides. When my husband laid down the springs on the bed were so old, he was almost on the floor. The furniture was old, and I had a difficult time opening the drawers. The shower curtains were held shut by duct tape. The couch with a sofa bed in the room was vinyl, and the cushions pulled away from the back.

Overall, it was definitely not worth the money. Unfortunately, this hotel has an absolutely no refund policy, so be warned. If you don't like what you get - your stuck! What you see on the website is definitely NOT what you get if you're in the Lambros House.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family