“Good experiences”
Review of White Marlin Inn

White Marlin Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2014

my hubby and I have stayed here for the last 4yrs for cruisin weekend and had a nice clean tidy room every time. we are going again next month. staff was very friendly and informative. location is great and prices are reasonable for the size of rooms. WILL stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shawn B
Suntan M, Manager at White Marlin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thanks for the long support in making updates to an older motel property. As we are still in the middle of updating we are happy in the direction we are going. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

If your looking for a dirty damp outdated room this is the place for you otherwise please stay away I'm aware this is a motel but I still expected it to be clean and inviting. The linens didn't smell fresh the towel rack was molded and the floors were filthy. I refused to even enter the shower it was something straight out of an old high school gym shower room.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Jujugonewild
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This motel is using false advertisement on their website leaving customers to believe the motel is safe, clean, and has a friendly staff. The pictures of the rooms are staged and not accurate to what condition they are really in. My family checked in and first had to deal with a rude front desk attendant. Then proceeded to our room where we opened the door to disgust. There were stains on the sheets, stains on the ceiling, feces on the toilet, dirt on the floors, rust on the refrigerator, and a piece of plywood screwed to the back of the door. The lock to the door did not work which truly concerned the well being of our 8 month old. When telling the front desk of the dirty sheets they did not bring a clean set. The mattress, after removing the sheet, we found to be severely outdated, flat and stained in a gray color of collected dirt and filth. After staying there only 15 minutes we decided to check out because it was not sanitary to use throughout our vacation, especially with an 8 month old. The hotel manger would not work with us whatsoever even though this completely ruined our vacation after a 5 hour drive to our destination. The manager, Beth, would not refund any of our money after threatening me over the phone, making fun of our situation, and claiming she booked the room again. Furthermore, blamed me of false accusations to get my money back. As if I wanted to have to drive another 2 hours at 1 o'clock in the morning with my baby in the car to find another hotel. Their false advertisement on their website is disturbing and their lack of customer service is even more unsettling. I hope this place goes under. I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to stay at this vile disgusting excuse for a vacation spot!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ash621
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was dirty, the bed had no top sheet, the 2 thin towels were the size of hand towels, (they smelled stale) the hot water was off for awhile, no maid service at all the second day - we had to go to the office to get fresh towels, the tiniest bar of soap you will ever see, thin walls, a cheap door lock- we propped a chair up against it at night. ...I can't say enough about how awful this hotel is!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank skygoddess333
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Helpful staff and wonderful location with great rates. The room is small but you get what you pay for . Despite other reviews my room was clean and had no troubles. I plan on going again because it was very reasonable and tidey.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This has to be the WORST experience I've had at a motel. From the moment I entered the office I knew I was going to have issues. "Buzz" (he wouldn't give me his real name) the young man "working" the front desk was not only rude to patrons but he wasn't very good at his job. Patron after patron had to remind him that they hadn't received their keys or remote (yes they give you your TV remote at the desk). After checking into the room we went to find it. We opened the door and saw a small room (what you'd expect for $50) this was ok but was wasn't ok was the GIANT BALL OF HAIR on the pillows. Upon further inspection there was sand in both the beds (obviously they DON'T CHANGE THE SHEETS!!!) After letting the management know they offered us a room that was "just cleaned" NO! IT WAS NOT! HAIR ON THE PILLOW AGAIN! The general manager Beth did offer us a refund but mentioned that her staff was not "the best." TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 123ALEXD
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I know the only reason people book this hotel is for the pice. Believe me when I tell you it is not worth it. This place is repulsive and I did not want my children to be exposed to a heath hazord like this hotel. I usually try to find at least one good thing to write about but believe me when I tell you, this hotel had none. The management was unwilling to help and very rude. Please spend a bit more money and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: I have no tips besides choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo