“The worst way to ruin a vacation is to stay at this motel!”
Review of White Marlin Inn

White Marlin Inn
Ranked #15 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“The worst way to ruin a vacation is to stay at this motel!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This motel is using false advertisement on their website leaving customers to believe the motel is safe, clean, and has a friendly staff. The pictures of the rooms are staged and not accurate to what condition they are really in. My family checked in and first had to deal with a rude front desk attendant. Then proceeded to our room where we opened the door to disgust. There were stains on the sheets, stains on the ceiling, feces on the toilet, dirt on the floors, rust on the refrigerator, and a piece of plywood screwed to the back of the door. The lock to the door did not work which truly concerned the well being of our 8 month old. When telling the front desk of the dirty sheets they did not bring a clean set. The mattress, after removing the sheet, we found to be severely outdated, flat and stained in a gray color of collected dirt and filth. After staying there only 15 minutes we decided to check out because it was not sanitary to use throughout our vacation, especially with an 8 month old. The hotel manger would not work with us whatsoever even though this completely ruined our vacation after a 5 hour drive to our destination. The manager, Beth, would not refund any of our money after threatening me over the phone, making fun of our situation, and claiming she booked the room again. Furthermore, blamed me of false accusations to get my money back. As if I wanted to have to drive another 2 hours at 1 o'clock in the morning with my baby in the car to find another hotel. Their false advertisement on their website is disturbing and their lack of customer service is even more unsettling. I hope this place goes under. I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to stay at this vile disgusting excuse for a vacation spot!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ash621

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was dirty, the bed had no top sheet, the 2 thin towels were the size of hand towels, (they smelled stale) the hot water was off for awhile, no maid service at all the second day - we had to go to the office to get fresh towels, the tiniest bar of soap you will ever see, thin walls, a cheap door lock- we propped a chair up against it at night. ...I can't say enough about how awful this hotel is!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank skygoddess333

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Helpful staff and wonderful location with great rates. The room is small but you get what you pay for . Despite other reviews my room was clean and had no troubles. I plan on going again because it was very reasonable and tidey.

• Stayed August 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This has to be the WORST experience I've had at a motel. From the moment I entered the office I knew I was going to have issues. "Buzz" (he wouldn't give me his real name) the young man "working" the front desk was not only rude to patrons but he wasn't very good at his job. Patron after patron had to remind him that they hadn't received their keys or remote (yes they give you your TV remote at the desk). After checking into the room we went to find it. We opened the door and saw a small room (what you'd expect for $50) this was ok but was wasn't ok was the GIANT BALL OF HAIR on the pillows. Upon further inspection there was sand in both the beds (obviously they DON'T CHANGE THE SHEETS!!!) After letting the management know they offered us a room that was "just cleaned" NO! IT WAS NOT! HAIR ON THE PILLOW AGAIN! The general manager Beth did offer us a refund but mentioned that her staff was not "the best." TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 123ALEXD
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I know the only reason people book this hotel is for the pice. Believe me when I tell you it is not worth it. This place is repulsive and I did not want my children to be exposed to a heath hazord like this hotel. I usually try to find at least one good thing to write about but believe me when I tell you, this hotel had none. The management was unwilling to help and very rude. Please spend a bit more money and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: I have no tips besides choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christina L
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was a disaster! So bad we chose to sit outside til 3am and only spend 3 hrs in the room and checked out asap in the morning. Room was cramped and filthy. I work at a hotel and was appalled at the discusting rm. Keys barely opened the door, trash under the beds, damp rid bag hanging from discusting a/c, bathrm was so dirty we were scared to even use it and towels that were in rm were dirty and stained. Staff was rude and just didn't care about anything we said. We slept on top of the blankets in our clothes! Should be shut down! Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank julz32
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Where should I start? The most vile and disgusting place ever! The staff is beyond rude. The man behind the front desk asked me if what i needed (which was to check in) would take long. He also had horrible body odor. The office reeked of feces. The room is the size of a walk in closet. Every inch of the room was filthy. The room had a horrific smell and was very damp. There was a clump of hair in the shower an all of the towels were stained. (There were 2 towels). There was pubic hair in the beds and the comforters were stinky and dirty. There was garbage under the bed. No remote for the tv. You could barely get the door open. We were afraid to sleep there it was so bad. No one showered or even brushed their teeth in the nasty bathroom. We left as soon as the sun came up, sleeping on the beach is a much healthier option! Not one guest that we met was pleased with the motel, everyone was leaving first thing in the am. Please please please investigate this motel! It is a health hazard and needs bulldozed down.

• Stayed July 2013