“Decent Food, Slow Service”

28th Street Pit and Pub
Ranked #86 of 431 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Richboro, Pennsylvania
“Decent Food, Slow Service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

As with Laina D., we planned on going to Mother's Cantina, couldn't get in and came here instead. We were seated quickly and then things slowed down. We waited 10 minutes to place our drink order and another 10 minutes for the drinks to come. We waited another 10 minutes to place our order and 25 minutes for the salad to come. We were there almost an hour and twenty minutes before our entres arrived. I had the barbecue chicken which was really good (one minor complaint: the chicken barely fit on the plate which made it very hard to eat. Every time I cut the chicken my fries were pushed off the plate). My wife had the turkey which was good but overpowered by salty gravy. My son had the beef briscuit which he loved.
All in all, this was not a bad restauarant but I would not go there if I was in a hurry.

• Visited July 2013

Clearfield, Pennsylvania, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted to go to Mothers Cantina for dinner on a Wednesday night, we walked in the door and walked right back out. It was way too busy for a small establishment. We kicked around a few places near 28th Street while walking past Pit and Pub.

We looked in the door and there was no major crowd and decided to give it a try. We opted to sit at the bar where there was only 2 other people. The bartender was extremely friendly, as was 1 of the regular customers. We ordered 2 beers and requested menus. The regular at the bar suggested the wings, saying they were the best in OC. I was hesitant, who wants wings when you're at the beach? But we went for it, hubby got BBQ and I got buffalo. We split an order of fries with melted cheese and bacon. The wings were phenomenal! Quite possibly the best I've ever had. They are smoked before they are fried which adds to the flavor. Dinner for 2 with a few beers was around $40 and we left happy and fulfilled. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a good meal, without a large crowd, and friendly faces.

Falling Waters, West Virginia, United States
“Great Bar Food and Good Environment”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went here on a recommendation from our hotel clerk and we were not disappointed. The drink menu was unique and the atmosphere is great. It's an Orioles bar and there are plenty of TVs there to monitor the game.
I had the briscuit which was fine, typical bbq. The Maryland crab soup was THE BEST I've ever tasted, no hyperbole here.

Our waitress admitted that it was only her second day and she hadn't tasted the food. We ordered the cheese fries to share and they were just okay, but not bad. I plan to go back to OC in August and I will visit Pit and Pub at least two more times.

• Visited June 2013
“Baby back ribs were terrible pulled pork OK slaw tasted old shrimp were small with no flavor”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Down' Go! Food is bad!I even asked the waitres how the food was and assure us we be happy! Baby back ribs were dry.Shrimp were small and no flavor. Pulled pork okay.

“Best BBQ at the Beach”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Just tried it for the 1st time and it was great. Nothing fancy just great BBQ in a wonderful casual resort atmosphere with lots of flat panel Hi Def TV's. Super friendly help and very fair prices for a resort town eatery.