“Excellent mexican carry out”

La Abuelita Californain Homemade Mexican Food
Ranked #204 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Maryland
“Excellent mexican carry out”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We are Tequila Mockingbird regulars, but just could not get it together to go out last night. So, we ordered carry out from here. The food was great. I had the flautas, which were amazingly light for mexican food. Crispy, flavorful chicken, perfectly ripe avocado. My husband had a burrito, which he enjoyed as much as I did my food. And oh so cheap! I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank kakiwynn

“Great!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great traditional dishes made to order. Yes, that takes time, so if you want Taco Bell, don't come here. We try to stop by here each visit to OC.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 7504girl
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great food !!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

One of the only few places open for lunch. The food was good, serving portions very generous, and amazing service. We order Carne Asada and shrimp platter. We love the food it taste like homemade. Clean place, good service, very busy place, and affordable prices.

• Visited September 2012
Salisbury, Maryland
“The best Mexican food in the area”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is one of the best food places of any kind in Ocean City, or on the Eastern Shore for that matter. Try it and see for yourself. We live in Salisbury and drive here just for a burrito. Say hello to Abuelita for us while you're there.

3 Thank keekoos
Milford, DE
“Wait”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Unless you're willing to wait 40 minutes for a botched order, this place isn't for you. Two hard working, but past middle age prepare your food. Mind you, the food isn't bad. Tasty and flavorful. But wait for a reasonably simple order of tacos, shrimp and soup. After the 40 minute wait, I wish them luck since it would be the first and last time I would visit them and thought with the service they provided they would need the luck. When I got home, I noticed that they botched the order. For the last couple of years, I've wanted to try what appeared like a nice traditional Mexican take out. I can say the food is good, but not worth the wait or mistake. Buena Suerte.

1 Thank mdcheo