“The best Mexican food in the area”

La Abuelita Californain Homemade Mexican Food
Ranked #221 of 447 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is one of the best food places of any kind in Ocean City, or on the Eastern Shore for that matter. Try it and see for yourself. We live in Salisbury and drive here just for a burrito. Say hello to Abuelita for us while you're there.

3  Thank keekoos

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Unless you're willing to wait 40 minutes for a botched order, this place isn't for you. Two hard working, but past middle age prepare your food. Mind you, the food isn't bad. Tasty and flavorful. But wait for a reasonably simple order of tacos, shrimp and soup. After the 40 minute wait, I wish them luck since it would be the first and last time I would visit them and thought with the service they provided they would need the luck. When I got home, I noticed that they botched the order. For the last couple of years, I've wanted to try what appeared like a nice traditional Mexican take out. I can say the food is good, but not worth the wait or mistake. Buena Suerte.

1  Thank mdcheo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I Had to make an emergency stop at the AT&T store which was next door and was in the mood for Mexican food. I was not familiar with this restaurant and I my first impression of the place was poor. I should have listened to my first impression. I ordered a burrito and since it is a carryout restaurant I waited to get back to our hotel before eating it. The chips that came with it were stale and the burrito was fair. I had to stop eating it after 4 bites however because I found a piece of curly metal in the meat. Thank goodness I did not swallow It! If I wasn't on vacation with my family I would have returned it and notified the owner. Oh well, live and learn.

1  Thank lovetennis99
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stopped here on our way home and picked up two pork burritos to go and ate them at a nearby park. Big, but delicious burritos. Cheap and friendly service.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

If you like Mexican food, this is the place to go! Primarily take out. Very small restaurant with a few chairs inside for waiting or eating if you choose to. Great menu with many choices. Tough to decide what to order as the food is all delicious. All the food is fresh and made right in front of you. You may call in your order ahead to save time or just watch as your food is made! We discovered La Abuelita last year and couldn't wait to go back again this year. And, we will go there again next year.