“Avoid this restaurant.”

La Abuelita Californain Homemade Mexican Food
Ranked #251 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I Had to make an emergency stop at the AT&T store which was next door and was in the mood for Mexican food. I was not familiar with this restaurant and I my first impression of the place was poor. I should have listened to my first impression. I ordered a burrito and since it is a carryout restaurant I waited to get back to our hotel before eating it. The chips that came with it were stale and the burrito was fair. I had to stop eating it after 4 bites however because I found a piece of curly metal in the meat. Thank goodness I did not swallow It! If I wasn't on vacation with my family I would have returned it and notified the owner. Oh well, live and learn.

1  Thank lovetennis99

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stopped here on our way home and picked up two pork burritos to go and ate them at a nearby park. Big, but delicious burritos. Cheap and friendly service.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

If you like Mexican food, this is the place to go! Primarily take out. Very small restaurant with a few chairs inside for waiting or eating if you choose to. Great menu with many choices. Tough to decide what to order as the food is all delicious. All the food is fresh and made right in front of you. You may call in your order ahead to save time or just watch as your food is made! We discovered La Abuelita last year and couldn't wait to go back again this year. And, we will go there again next year.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stopped in on my way out of town for a quick dinner and ordered a grilled chicken burrito to go. It was surprisingly good. Very large portion size. I ordered a side of guacamole and the cook picked up an avocado and made some fresh while I waited. Delicious!

1  Thank iluvbeaches
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Exhausted after a day at the beach, everyone wanted Mexican. We saw that La Abuelita was close to our hotel, and drove over -- then realized it was take out only. Turned out to be the perfect thing! We ordered some meals and took the food back to our rooms.

The fish tacos were solid. The bean burrito and carnitas were really good. The guacamole was also really good. Portions were big -- more than we could eat. It was way cheaper than eating out at a restaurant, and very relaxing! Definitely recommended.