“Horrid”
Review of The Ambassador Inn

The Ambassador Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family stayed here last summer. The rooms were supposedly newly remodeled, but were in terrible condition. The porch, rooms, and everything was absolutely filthy dirty. Our vacation was ruined staying under these horrid conditions.

Room Tip: Do not stay here or at their sister hotel the Tidelands Carribean!
6  Thank j s
carouselresort, General Manager at The Ambassador Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2016

We are truly sorry to hear that your visit in 2015 was not satisfactory, however, we do want you to know that effective January 1st 2016, The Ambassador Inn became the Newest Member of The Carousel Group. Our Carousel Group Team is very excited about this hotel with it's great downtown location. While we understand your last visit was not ideal, we sincerely hope you will consider coming again. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service and to make sure our guests know that we care and that we truly appreciate their business.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Ambassador Inn 08/29/2012 - 09/02/2012. I will start with the porch was filthy. It look like it had not been cleaned in a long time. The maids never changed our sheets, nor did they vacuum the apartment. I had to remind them to take out the trash. The worst part of the stay was when I and my 6 year old son was bit by spiders over two days. My son was bit twice on the left side of his head. I was bit 7 times. 4 bites on my right arm and 3 bites on my left leg. At first I did not know what to make of the bites, whether they were flies or mosquito bites. My family and I agreed that they were not mosquito bites, but thought they could be fly bites considering there were so many. It was ultimately concluded by am employee of the Ambassador Inn that spiders were responsible for the bites. I notified the front desk and was told that the manager would contact me. As of this review, I have yet to hear from anyone at the hotel. Hopefully someone from Maryland's health department are reading these reviews and investigate the manner in which the motel is being run. I will never stay there again tell all my family and friends stir clear of the Ambassador Inn. To close this out, another renter left the very next morning after discovering bug bites all over his left arm. He was highly upset and very disgusted as was my family.

7  Thank Ricky P

Reviewed September 8, 2012

MY husband woke up with bites on his body ,bed bugs spiders pillow had blood on it rooms very nasty bathroom urine stains on and around toilet mold in shower stains on pull out sofa . For the money we spent I felt the condtions could have been a lot better.
THIS HOTEL IS NASTY AND DIRTY OH!AND CLEANING SERVICE IS A JOKE!

R PANNELL

6  Thank ronald p

Reviewed September 7, 2012

me and several family members stayed at the ambassador hotel, here are the problems wer encountered:

1. the frying pans in my room was rusted and some of my family rooms had missing pots and pans, the burners had food burnt on them and it would start smoking

2. the toilet seat in my room had mutilplible stays and it should have been replace, my family and i had to clean the kitchen and bathroom before we used them with bleach cleaner

3. the maid only changed the trash bags, linens they didn't have a vaccum cleaner or mop and buckets to clean the bathroom and kitchen floor

4. the sofa pillow had a ink and liquid stain on them

5. some of the rooms had linen for the pull out sofa and some didn't

6 the iron did't work in some of the rooms

7. the outside steps and room doors needed to be painted

8. some of the outside poles had a lot of rust stains

9. my brother was bite by spiders while he was there thank good none of his children was bitten

10. they never use the blower to blow sand or dirt of the landing like they do at the tideland hotel

11. it would be nice if they installed tv's in the bedroom they can bolt them on the wall, your inconvient when everyone wants to watch the tv and theirs only one in the room

me and my family stayed at this hotel before and it was nice, I don't know what happened it looks like noone is concerned about the hotel. the owners should check in and stay a night themselves without they staff knowing who they are, or the owners don't care which one. I hope that the owners look into this matter, this is there business i thought or your only interested in collecting money. you can go to family dollar and buy new pots and pans the maid need to throughly clean the rooms before you rent them out, someone should check them. I'm really stunned i have been coming there for years and i have stayed at the tidelands hotel too.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DPANNELL

Reviewed September 2, 2012

By far the worst place I have ever stayed. I woke up in the morning with hundreds of bed bug bites all over my body. Also, I went to thr front desk to inform them of the massive amounts of mold growing on our bedroom ceiling and they blew me off. Horrible customer service staff!!!! The place looked as if it had not been cleaned in months. Do yourself and family a huge favor and let this hotel keep their bedbugs and mold.

Room Tip: Dont get any unless u want bitten all night and want to wake up with red, swollen bites covering you...
2  Thank Jeff H

Reviewed August 28, 2012

With the amount of money I spent I figured I would get something a lot cleaner than I did. We pulled back our comforter on the bed and were disgusted to see that there was a clump of black hair and yellow stains underneath. It's sad that we had to spend extra money to buy our own pillows, sheets, and comforter, since the office was closed when we tried to get new sheets. The following morning we noticed the floor was sticky and the walls were stained with drips of grease running down them, near the stove and the trash can. The fridge was clean but did not cool our food. We proceded to ask the maid for some cleaning spray and towels so we could clean our OWN ROOM!! How ridiculous!!! And for the grand finale, on the last day, cleaning up our room to check out, we found a used condom and wrapper behind one of our night stands...DISGUSTING!!! Will never stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Justine P

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here with my family of 5 in a 2 bedroom handicapped accessible 1st floor room. The room layout is set up nicely with a little kitchenette, 2 bedrooms each with a full sized bed, and a spacious bathroom. Definitely one of the worst hotels i've stayed in. The first impression was good but the longer your in the room the more you notice. There were spiderwebs all over the ceilings, handprints and dirt stains all over the wall, missing lightbulbs, hairs and dust bunnies on the lampshades, dead mosquitos splattered on the wall, 4 flies in the room within a matter of 2 hours, and what looked like pee stains on the bed sheets. Not to mention the envelope for housekeeping tips was already ripped open and left sitting on the counter. (There definitely not getting a tip) There's also no deadbolt on the door which left us uncomfortable. It is pretty close to the board walk, but I would rather stay home and skip the beach then come to this disgusting hotel again even if it was free!!

• Stayed: August 2012