“Very Pleasant stay”

Ranked #55 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
lancas
“Very Pleasant stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just spent the weekend at the Sun and Fun Motel and I must say it was very enjoyable. I was very surprised with how clean our room, as well as the amenities that the room had. (microwave, Flat screen TV, Refrigerator) I was also pleased with the staff. They were very courteous and helpful with everything I needed. Taylor was an absolute delight and made the stay even better with his all of his help. I will be sure to stay with them again and would recommend staying here.

Thanks Sun and Fun
-Jared

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jared m

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 21, 2013

WOW! I've read some of the reviews on here & my family & I have never experienced any of these "negative" claims to be true.

We are in our 30's & have 2 children. We discovered this Motel in 2011 & returned last year in 2012. In fact we even requested the same room & it was available when we checked in. Talk about customer service! We will be returning again this year. That is if they are not all "booked" up.

The rooms are clean. I never had "dirty" linens. I only request "fresh" towels & the sweeper run as "sand" will be tracked in to the rooms. Of course we clean up after ourselves. We take our trash out & make our beds.

We have never been "disturb" by noisy young adults. We actually see a lot of families stay here. We,like the location as the "beach" really is a hop, jump & skip away from the motel.

As far as "getting what you pay for". If my family & I wanted to stay in bed & watch tv all day then we would stay home. Honestly, you are not there to spend your time at the hotel. That's our mindset.

We have beds to sleep in. Friendly staff & your vehicle is parked within visibility of your room. How nice is that?

Again, as I I said earlier. We will continue to go back to Sun 'n Fun Motel unless they are "booked" during our stay:-(

Room Tip: Sun 'n Fun Motel is 1 block to the beach. That's nice! Closer to the boardwalk & oceanfr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannon B
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

It is a nicehotel to stay in. But we are in our 50s, and most of the rooms were filled with young kids. We put up with it . But there was alot of noice outside after11 oclock. Kids coming all times of night in and out. One kid was playing guitar outside are room. And we had a young man knock on our door, looking for girls, which were next door. This was one oclock in morning.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank kaitlyn3
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I don't really have anything bad to say about this motel, it is average. The rooms are on the small side and staff was friendly. If your looking for an inexpensive place to stay that is not super fancy this would be your place.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty equal in this Motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tanya444
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed here for 3 years and will continue to come back! Friendly staff, great location, very clean and.great price. We have stayed in the regular rooms and the 1 apartment they have upstairs. Within walking distance to Jolly Rogers, beach and Boardwalk. Have recommended Sun N Fun to friends and family and will continue to do so.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank kerricarter3
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in Ocean City for several years. We have stayed at some of the most expensive places on the boardwalk, but we feel the Sun n' Fun is just as nice as most of the expensive hotels.The rooms are very clean with a refrigerator and microwave as well as a large flat screen TV. The price was reasonable too. We were pleased with the hotel staff as they were pleasant, friendly and helpful. It's just a short walk to the boardwalk with easy access to the bus route. There are also restaurants nearby, minature golf and a laundry mat. We would highly recommend this hotel during your stay in Ocean City Maryland. You can't beat it! We will always make our stay at the Sun n' Fun every time we visit Ocean City. You should too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marchell S
Chambersburg
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My family and I vacationed in Ocean City, Maryland in the summer of 2012. We found this motel online, and when we booked our room, the manager was very pleasant and helpful. We arrived to find that we were just a 90 second walk from the beginning of the boardwalk and beach. We were close to sub shops, donut shops, right across the street from the Jolly Roger Amusement Park, and there was even a bus stop very nearby. The room was clean, and the air conditioning kept us very comfortable. Whenever we stopped in the office for any reason, whoever was on duty was very eager to help us. The clientele at the motel was like us; upper middle class families. No loud college kids or seedy characters hanging around. If you want to iron your clothes, though, you will need to take your own iron. But in the grand scheme of things, that was not a big deal. We will definitely make the Sun 'n Fun motel our place to stay from now on.

Room Tip: We were in room #4, and it was quiet and we had NO complaints about it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family