“Expensive and Poor Service”
Review of Fractured Prune

Fractured Prune
Ranked #2 of 10 Bakeries in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went in excited and left upset.

They gave our order to someone else and had to remake it. When it was all said and done my order still was wrong. The donuts I picked were not in the box!

The staff messed it up and was not very concerned. In fact I got the evil eye from one of the male staff as if he was insulted that I would expect my order to be correct.

After an hour I finally left the shop with my 23.00 dozen of donuts and coffee.

Not worth the trouble. I will go the extra block from my house to DD for less cost, less drama, better coffee more prompt service and an overall better Donut Experience.

Simply not worth it. A Fad.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place gets so much ridiculous hype that some sanity is in order.
The donuts are OK, but,.......just OK.
They are plain ol donuts that they then pour or sprinkle your choice of topping on to, and then charge you 2.00 for each!!!
Thats it, no special potions, no magic ingredients, it is the equivalent of an ice cream sundae toppings bar but with a plain cake donut, nothing more. Pick your topping and wait as they pour or sprinkle onto your pre-made donut to complete your order.
I dont get all the fuss made about this place when clearly they are not reinventing the wheel here, there is nothing-NOTHING- remarkable about this product.
Worth a try.....once, but, a tradition????
I just dont get it.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My kids loved these donuts which were very entertaining in their various flavors (Blueberry, Rolo, Myrna), but all of them were so full of sugar the adults in our party couldn't eat them.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Never miss getting doughnuts at the prune when we come for vacation. Shop is small so plan to get them to go. I love the morningbuzz

Reviewed July 10, 2013

they made the donuts fresh as i ordered them many neat flavors and combinations. the family loved all the different flavors. the staff was very nice as i was theri first customer of the day after my morning run and was covered in sweat. They should open earlier though