“Good snow crab legs, not so much the AYCE crabs”
Review of The Crab Bag

The Crab Bag
Ranked #34 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 5, 2011

For the past two years we've been going to On The Bay for the AYCE crab dinners, and wanted to try another place. We were told by two locals that The Crab Bag was the best place to go for crabs, so off we went. My friend and I had the snow crab leg dinner and we both found the crab legs to be very good and easy to get at the meat. We also ordered steamed clams and they were good as well, with no grittiness at all. My husband ordered the jumbo scallop dinner, and the 5 scallops he got were definitely not jumbo, but he did say they were tasty (after he took them out of the butter the were swimming in). My friend's husband had the AYCE crab dinner. He was told the crabs were medium-sized, but he said the crabs he was served were on the small side, seasoned with too much Old Bay and a little dry. He though the crabs he got at On The Bay were much better. On the plus side, The Crab Beg does have an extensive menu so there is something for everyone, and we will probably go back, although the prices are higher compared with On The Bay.

1  Thank RWNW

Reviewed June 27, 2011

This is the third time I've been to the Crab Bag...each time the crabs were heavy and perfectly spiced: just enough heat to ensure I enjoyed the taste of the crab without overwhelming them. Love ordering the hush puppies to go with the crabs and beer...a great dining experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I found this restaurant to be very good. The Char-grilled oysters Reggiano were phenomenal!!! The crabs were good - would've been better if they were bigger. After living in Baltimore for 20+ years and knowing crabs, I was a tad disappointed at the cost. Their Larges, to me, were Mediums; but the flavor was good.

The servers were quick, attentive and friendly.

I would definitely go back for the oysters!!

The Cream of Crab soup was very good. Some felt it was too rich - I like thick and creamy with ample crab!

There are multiple seating areas, outside: backyard setting with picnic tables, inside: restaurant style and upper level inside and out on a covered deck. We out on the upper deck, which was nice and breezy.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had a terrible experience at the Crab Bag. First of all the service was horrible. The appitizer came after the crabs were put on the table then the meal came in piece meal. I got mine first then ten minutes two more meals came out and finally after fifteen minutes the last meal came out. When we got the bill, I checked it and found that we were charged twice. When I brought to the servers attention she corrected it. We tipped her what we thought she deserved, but she came out after us accusing us of eating off of one persons all you can eat crab dinner which we did not. In fact I had asked during the meal if it would be alright if my 4 year old nephew could taste one and was told that if the manager saw it we would be charged for an additional dinner, so we did not let him have one. During the meal I had to get the attention of the server for additional drinks. She never came back to the table to see if we needed anything.

1  Thank gypsy023
Reviewed May 23, 2011

we loved the all u can eat crabs, the fodd, drinks, and service was great. cant wait to go back ...