“Best Meal I Had in OC”

Dining options: Late Night
Crownsville, Maryland
“Best Meal I Had in OC”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to the Kebab House for lunch one day on my own thinking it would be a fast food place with gyros. What a surprise! It's a full service, sit down place with some of the best kebabs ever! Excellent service, excellent food, Turkish coffee. Go.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DesMoines

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced, small portions. Some of the food was good.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We got take out, because we were unable to find a parking place. The eggplant appetizer and the falafel wraps were good, however the hummus was bland and not very smooth. The portion sizes, especially the salads, were so small we actually needed to get Chinese takeout to fill us up.

• Visited July 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
“Love it!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Now I'm not an expert when it comes to the type of cuisine served at this restaurant but I can tell you that I've really enjoyed what I've eaten there. It's different, tasty and I think some stuff may even be good for you. Overall, definitely give it a try. I love it.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jess M
“Very good experience and quite.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The food was just out of this world. Great service and a lovely setting. This is our second time eating there and look forward to going again!

1 Thank Highli
Rensselaer, New York
“Great kebabs but needs a makeover and a smoking ban”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I Visited this close-to-the-boardwalk eatery for lunch. I splurged on a platter of all of the grilled kebab meats. The chicken, steak, ground lamb patty, and one other ground mixed meat were served off-the-skewer on a platter with 3 decorative salads (Shredded lettuce, purple cabbage, carrot )and a grilled hot green pepper. I was impressed with the high quality of the white-meat chicken and tender steak chunks; no fatty or tough bits like I have gotten elsewhere. Each meat or patty had its own unique spicing for variety of flavors-not just a bunch of meats in the same spice mix. The pepper was spicy but not too spicy to eat. I had glass of cranberry juice, which did not come with refills. I would have liked a nice glass of Mediterranean-style lemonade with fresh mint leaves, but they did not have that on the menu.

I was the first arrival at opening time and they were not ready to serve, so my meal was delayed a bit. Service could have been more attentive. I chose the outdoor roofed porch seating, which is on the shady side of the street in the morning hours. Another reason for this choice was that the inside seating area is in serious need of a makeover. The furniture is dingy and the carpeting is filthy. They also need to invest in new tablecloths, as mine was stained. Some attention to furnishings and cleanliness will make it worthy of the good food.

I would walk out if there was any hookah smoking (or any other type of smoking) during my visit. That is a real turn-off. Too bad.

• Visited August 2012