“Food and Service are good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #296 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, Maryland
“Food and Service are good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

It had been a while since I visited Applebees, the service was good and the food was good. I have food allergies and selections from the allergy menu were no longer available so I had to rethink dinner, which reduced the number of choices I could make for my meal.

• Visited February 2014

Seaford, Delaware
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Applebee's where we tried some Shrimp dish with rice and it was great. I love Applebee's. It is one of our favorite places to dine.

Visited March 2013
Lutherville, Maryland
“The kids wanted lite fare...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My kids and I stopped at Applebee's after spending some time on the OC Boardwalk. Their competition, Chilis, Fridays and Tuesdays are not OC mainstays. Yet. We were greeted and seated promptly. The wait staff were adorned with their NFL team jerseys. Nice for a Sunday.
Our server was loud, brash and scripted. Aggressively Pushing soups, appetizers and dessert. Used the same tactic with customers arriving after us. I appreciate servers who attempt to connect personally with customers. This gal maintained a sort of mechanical disconnect. Paid more attention to the single customer seated at the bar. Let's get to the fare: we ordered two salads and a fajita wrap. The meals arrived as ordered and were decent. Server took her time to get us refills. She rubbed me, figuratively, the wrong way and I got anxious to get the heck out. The food was as expected. Service overall, was ok. The server, however, needs to tone it down a bit. We may be back on our next trip.

Cambridge, Maryland
“Lectures not needed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went there shortly after it first opened. We had never gone to an Applebees, before so we wanted to try it out.

My wife ordered a steak, medium-rare. The waitress proceeded (with her hands on her hips) to tell us how dangerous it was to eat under-cooked meat and that it was company policy to cook all red meats well done.

So, we walked out and have never returned. Turned out to be a cheap lesson...grin. We've never gone to any other Applebees either.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Norm S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“exactly what I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The food was good and hot. It came out from the kitchen promtly. The wait staff was very accommodating. Would definitely go back again.

• Visited August 2013