“Food - excellent!”

Ranked #45 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: From Rob and Rose: We would like to take this opportunity to THANK all of our great guests who have written such wonderful reviews about us and our little place. We work hard, alongside our wonderful family of staff, to ensure that everyone has a great experience while visiting us. We truly hope you enjoy your experience! From all of us to you, we believe our Guests are truly the BEST! You are 5 star!
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Just had to write a note about the quality of food here and the prices. While I agree with one commenter here - it's called On The Bay Seafood but it's not on the bay, faces a busy Ocean Drive, the quality of the food for the price was excellent. Went here with six people - we had crab cakes, shrimp, scallops, crabs and more. All good sized portions for great prices. Paid $15 for 1/2 pound of seasoned, steamed shrimp. Big ones too! The seating and ordering process is kinda weird as described here by others but it was only about a 30 min. wait...the kitchen staff seems to keep up with it well. Will definitely go back here!

1  Thank jkmdieff

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I love seafood. I've had seafood in all the ocean towns I've visited, and this was by far the most mediocre food out of all the restaurants I've been to. I rarely give a so-so review, but I really cannot say this was great. My biggest complaint is the food tastes watered down. The seafood doesn't taste fresh and I just felt it was a waste of money. On top of that, the service was so-so. I had a dirty cup and the waitress didn't bat an eye, just brought another one; no apology.

1  Thank roseytheriveter
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Came here on the recommendation of our OC neighbors. It was super busy, thus we opted for take out. You can see the Staff cooking the food, and sweating profusely as you order...not too appetizing! Ordered cream of crab soup and crab cakes. We were disappointed to hear they only would fry their cakes, which we found to be not very tasty, small, slightly greasy, and just okay. The soup which they purport to be fabulous was watery and tasteless. We waited forever for our food to come out, but the saving grace was a female server/Manager who offered us some bar snacks as we waited. Not impressed with this place, let alone it's location on a loud highway. Sorry...we really wanted to like it!

1  Thank InternationalSuz
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I went to On The Bay Restaurant for dinner. We started off with a draught beer, $3 each for maybe a 10oz. size, a pure ripoff. We both ordered a pound of steamed shrimp.They were very large and cooked in Old Bay seasoning. Without a doubt, they were " the best steamed shrimp I've ever eaten." The prices weren't bad, except for the beer. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had lunch here on a short trip to OC. Right on the Coastal Highway so the traffic noise is pretty high. I thought everything was good but didn't knock my socks off. We had a dozen shucked oysters and they were very good but they served them covered in ice so they all lost that briny goodness. We had had 4 softshell crabs and they were well prepared but pretty light for the $8 price. Just a small crab served with tartar and a lemon. I can get soft shells at my fish market for $3.95 retail so they are marking up these softshells pretty good. They advertise they shed their crabs and that's why we went. When we asked to see the operation after we had ordered we were told the crabs come from a factory in North Carolina. I would have chosen another spot had I known because I was there for some shedding Maryland crabs.We had 3 cream of crab soup. $7 for a bowl. Very underseasoned. I had to put crab spice, tabasco and loads of pepper in it to season it up. Nice chunks of crab but they were so big they had to be Indonesian crab. Not a fan. Along with the 4 crab, oysters, 3 soup we had an order of fries, 2 sodas and a pitcher of beer.You order inside and they send you to an assigned table. Servers bring out your food. If you are going to have servers that I have to tip then I shouldn't have to stand in line to order my food. It all was ok but at $82 before tip I didn't feel like I got my money's worth.

2  Thank H T