All reviewssleep innfree breakfastroom was cleanparking lot is tightfront deskyogurtmake your own waffleswaffle makerstreet noisethe breakfast areachoice hotelstop floorbeach boardwalkwould stay here againsmall poola great staythe location is perfect
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Was there last Saturday. Arrived for check in around 1:30 PM. Staff was friendly even though not very professional. Got our stuff and went up to our room on the 3rd floor. Hallways smelled really bad of mold and mildew. Room was O. K. but also smelled. Everything was very damp in the rooms. Bathroom was clean even though the shower had some crazy arrangement.
Parking was NOT GOOD. very tight, and the lot needs to be restructured , not laid out properly. Breakfast was O. K. That's about it. Good location, close to Boardwalk and restaurants but the Hotel itself would NOT recommend.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank givemeabrea
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Dear Guest,Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us.

I would like to take this moment to apologize to you and your party for not making your stay as special as you would have hoped. Although there is never a second chance for a great first impression, I am confident in my team and I would love to turn this around.
We would love to have your back!
Kind regards,
Nick Tekmen

Reviewed October 17, 2017

My wife and myself visited Ocean City for the weekend of 10/13 thru 10/15. Our stay at the Gateway was very enjoyable. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. Another nice perk was the breakfast buffet in the morning. We were able to walk to the boardwalk in a couple of minutes along with easy access to nearby pubs and eateries. Would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yankeefanalways

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am thrilled to know that our entire staff went above and beyond to create a memorable stay for you and make you feel like home.
Thank you for giving us opportunity to call you our guest and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

All the Best!
Nick Tekmen

Reviewed October 1, 2017

I arrange hotels for my daughter's softball team, and I rely on Trip Advisor guidance. Trip Advisor helped me find this hotel, and I want others to know how great our stay was. In Ocean City, it seemed all other options cost a fortune, or looked like they would be unacceptable to the families in our group and to myself. Gateway Hotel was very clean. Carol, the manager worked with us to be flexible regarding checkout date, since we didn't know when team would finish their tournament. Beach is about a half block from boardwalk. We enjoyed a nice variety of breakfast items, including waffles. We also used the breakfast room in the evening to meet as a large group, for no extra charge. The girls enjoyed going to the beach, boardwalk, and rides which are close by on boardwalk. I appreciated that we were only a few blocks from the bridge to mainland, so no traffic getting there. A friend brought his team to same hotel and they also thought it was great.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank YngFamilyNJ
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Best place to stay in Ocean City clean best staff ever with will

not stay any place else close to everything park your car and walk to the boardwalk or bayside or you can take the bus it's cheap nice pool good family hotel every one it nice

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed September 12, 2017

My husband and I booked three nights at this hotel for the end of August. It was a wonderful find among thee many options. Location is downtown and we actually enjoyed the location because we did not have to drive our car continuously. There were many food and drink options nearby such as DeLazy Lizard, Pickles, Mr Duck's and Angler. We had reserved a one kind bed on an upper floor with a view. Our view was of the bay and enjoyed our little deck. The manager and workers at the desk were wonderful in giving us options due to the weather not being beach weather from a nor'easter. They suggested going to Asseteague National Park where there is a bay beach. It was the best idea because there was virtually no wind and one could walk out far and still be knee high to the water. Great beach for families with young children. The one criticism people seemed to have with this place was the parking lot. Yes, it is narrow, but being originally from NY, it was not a big issue. I would absolutely come back to this hotel the next time we are in Ocean City

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple