All reviewssleep innfree breakfastroom was cleanparking lot is tightyogurtfront deskmake your own waffleswaffle makerstreet noisethe breakfast areachoice hotelstop floorbeach boardwalkwould stay here againsmall poola great staythe location is perfect
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We decided on a beach weekend at the last minute and the Sleep Inn was available. Great location on 1st st just one block from the boardwalk. Easy check-in, friendly staff. The rooms were a bit small, but we were right at the pool, which the kids loved. They kept the hotel very clean. It also had a complementary breakfast, which was excellent. Parking was a bit tight, but we never needed the car, so it was no problem. The best thing was that my kids left their golf clubs behind in the room after check-out. The hotel promptly called us and we were able to get them right away. We were so appreciative and that made such a great impression on us.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank tickyv
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We just got back from a three-day, two-night stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites. It was our first time in Ocean City and definitely won't be the last. We had an awesome time.

First of all, the location is perfect. Two blocks from the boardwalk and beach, it is in the middle of all the fun. There are ice cream shops, restaurants, drugstores, bike rentals, and lots of souvenir shops all within a 5 minute drive or less. I highly recommend On the Bay Seafood for succulent, delicious crab and OC Swirl for healthy tart frozen yogurt. Despite being so close to the action, this hotel was far enough away that it was very quiet.

Second, the rooms (we had three) were all immaculately clean. Our rooms all had king beds and they were soft and very comfortable. There is a coffee maker in the bathroom, a table and chairs on the terrace, and a TV with plenty of channels. The TV is a bit old but it was big enough and worked fine.

Third, the breakfast is awesome. There was a huge assortment. There's a waffle station, two different types of cereal, sausages, toast, fruits, hard-boiled eggs, and low-fat yogurt. For a free breakfast, this is more than what we expected. The hours are from 7-10 am, which I think is quite generous. They even kept it open a little later (until 10:15 or so) for stragglers to pick up some coffee and muffins.

Fourth, the staff is awesome. They were kind, professional, and courteous. I originally booked a one night stay but then we decided to stay two nights. The prices online had increased by then so I called the hotel to press my luck. Not only did the woman (Carol) give me the online price ($190 instead of $200+) she also made it so that we wouldn't have to move to a different room (on account of technically having two separate reservations). We celebrated my dad's birthday a bit early and got him a gift. We forgot the wrapping paper and tape so I went to the front desk and grabbed some newspaper and the young man provided tape.

Fifth, parking is plentiful and free. Not sure if free parking is the norm around these parts since this was our first time, but this isn't the case in many other areas so I did appreciate this.

I'm usually hesitant to book hotels around beach areas. They are usually overpriced, dirty, and run-down. Not so with this establishment. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger and book. Our family will be back again at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a family, go for a room with two double beds. We stayed in rooms with one king bed and there is definitely not enough room for an Aerobed. Maybe a small sleeping bag but the room will be very crowded.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol F
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I know that when I stay at a hotel, the main things I am concerned about are cleanliness and price. While it was a little expensive, the price was about the same as other hotels in the area. It is not beachfront and we could not see the ocean from our balcony, but the boardwalk is just a short walk away. I know it's difficult to decide exactly which end is the best to stay on. In my opinion, Sleep Inn is right in the middle of all the action. As for the hotel itself, the staff were incredibly nice and extremely helpful in finding the best crab for your money. Breakfast was sufficient, but not wonderful. They have the basics. The room was clean, which is really important, and the beds were fairly comfortable. My only complaint is that the parking is really tight. If you have an SUV, van, or truck, you may have some trouble parking. We tried to get a spot on the end of the lot, which wasn't always possible. However, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank OliviaLouann
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was our first time in Ocean City MD. I called a few places until I spoke with Carol who was Out of this world Fabulous! She gave us a great room on the corner of the top floor with a cute balcony that had a perfect view of the ocean across the way! Nonetheless a great price for our 2 night stay. She even went out the side door and showed us where the best restaurants were to go for dinner. Yes they were "WONDERFUL" The only mishaps I was not happy with was that the maids did not replenish our toiletries on the first night, and that I could not connect to their Free Wi FI until the last hour before we left. This was very frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vanh31
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My two friends and I are currently staying at Sleep Inn. The room is very clean and the staff (Carol) is excellent. Thanks Carol for directing us to Crab Alley for lunch. We are enjoying our stay and would return to this hotel again. Rooms are nicely furnished, A/C works VERY well, nice balcony, large bathroom, clean beds and mini-fridge. It is a little pricey for my taste but appears to be a good value compared to the prices of other hotels in this area. Boardwalk is just a block away. Hotel offers complimentary breakfast but I haven't tried it yet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family