All reviewssleep innfree breakfastroom was cleanparking lot is tightyogurtfront deskmake your own waffleswaffle makerstreet noisethe breakfast areachoice hotelstop floorbeach boardwalkwould stay here againsmall poola great staythe location is perfect
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I know that when I stay at a hotel, the main things I am concerned about are cleanliness and price. While it was a little expensive, the price was about the same as other hotels in the area. It is not beachfront and we could not see the ocean from our balcony, but the boardwalk is just a short walk away. I know it's difficult to decide exactly which end is the best to stay on. In my opinion, Sleep Inn is right in the middle of all the action. As for the hotel itself, the staff were incredibly nice and extremely helpful in finding the best crab for your money. Breakfast was sufficient, but not wonderful. They have the basics. The room was clean, which is really important, and the beds were fairly comfortable. My only complaint is that the parking is really tight. If you have an SUV, van, or truck, you may have some trouble parking. We tried to get a spot on the end of the lot, which wasn't always possible. However, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank OliviaLouann
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was our first time in Ocean City MD. I called a few places until I spoke with Carol who was Out of this world Fabulous! She gave us a great room on the corner of the top floor with a cute balcony that had a perfect view of the ocean across the way! Nonetheless a great price for our 2 night stay. She even went out the side door and showed us where the best restaurants were to go for dinner. Yes they were "WONDERFUL" The only mishaps I was not happy with was that the maids did not replenish our toiletries on the first night, and that I could not connect to their Free Wi FI until the last hour before we left. This was very frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vanh31
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My two friends and I are currently staying at Sleep Inn. The room is very clean and the staff (Carol) is excellent. Thanks Carol for directing us to Crab Alley for lunch. We are enjoying our stay and would return to this hotel again. Rooms are nicely furnished, A/C works VERY well, nice balcony, large bathroom, clean beds and mini-fridge. It is a little pricey for my taste but appears to be a good value compared to the prices of other hotels in this area. Boardwalk is just a block away. Hotel offers complimentary breakfast but I haven't tried it yet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CLHUMBLE
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have had good experiences with Sleep Inn in the past so when I saw there was one in Ocean City, I immediately wanted to stay there instead of one of the typical OC hotels. And the price was really great considering it was the middle of Summer. Plus, it was very close to the boardwalk and most of the attractions. But I was still a little leary, just because it was still Ocean City and you never really know what to expect. However, it was PERFECT. I literally have not a single complaint. We were able to get a great parking spot immediately (in the shade!), the super super nice front desk clerk was able to check us in 3 AND A HALF HOURS early (and! gave us 3 choices of rooms at that), the room was immaculate, beds were super comfy, bathroom was well stocked on towels, the balcony was really nice, free WIFI that actually WORKED, and the pool (even though I didn't use it) appeared to be very clean. My biggest concern with OC hotels is usually the mugginess/dampness in the room but there was none of that here. The breakfast looked amazing (we checked it out but ended up going out to meet some family)- lots of options and the always yummy Belgian waffles! And then we were given a late check out and permission to leave our car for the rest of the day. Every employee we encountered was very nice and helpful. Like I said, not a single complaint (I usually have at least one!). I will definitely be back to this hotel :)

Room Tip: We were given the option of street side or pool side. She did warn us the street side was noisier than the pool side because of the late night crowd out on the streets, but we took it anyway. Wish we would of listened haha! But we still got a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank laurahK126BN
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at the hotel from 7/13/2012-7/15/2012. After checking in, noticed that the hallways do NOT have a/c, it was stifling hot. Room seemed ok. Took my youngest daughter to the pool, came back to give her a bath. The water from both the tub faucet and shower head barely dribbled out. It literally took about 45 minutes to fill the tub up 1/2 way!! Next we noticed that the items we put in the mini fridge were still warm, despite being in the fridge for an hour. I went to the front desk to notify them that the fridge was not working. Someone came up about 3hrs later to look at it. The gentleman said that the fridge was not working and would be replaced the next morning.

Saturday morning arrives, and after breakfast my youngest child bumped against the door, before we were able to slide the room key card, the door opened. Thinking I had not shut it tight, I firmly pulled it shut and I bumped against it to see if it would open. It did!! We had slept the entire night in the room with a door that did not lock! Then we noticed the tall lamp in the room which was turned on, started to smoke. I unplugged it right away, and went to the front desk to tell them about the door not locking and the lamp smoking. The youngman at the counter told me to " just put the lamp on the balcony, we'll look at it later". Sometime later that evening the door was fixed, the fridge was plugged back in and we were told "it was fixed" (it wasn't) the issue with the lamp never was never addressed. I noticed that we were just about out of toilet paper and asked a member of house keeping for more, when I was told that it was hotel policy that only one roll is given to each room for a weekend. WHAT?!?!? I had to drive to the store to buy toilet paper. We paid $300 a night, for a room that had a door that didn't lock, dribbling water from the tub, a broken fridge, a smoking lamp, and no toilet paper. Just a horrible and frustrating stay. I will NEVER go back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family