“Bland & Average”

Ranked #157 of 447 Restaurants in Ocean City
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stopped here on a Saturday evening in April 2014. Ordered several items.

Antipasto salad = bland. Plentiful, but tasted like it had been sitting in the fridge for awhile.

Loaded tacos w pork. Again, plentiful but bland. Nothing had much taste: pork, cheese, chips, salsa, sour cream. How does a restaurant manage to make everything bland?

Tortilla. Take a guess. Yep.

Also: every time the door opened, patrons were treated to a blast of clod air. Several people made comments about this.

Bartender (guy with glasses & ink) was good. Quick, friendly & professional. Server named Tiffany(?) was slow to start but then recovered nicely. Friendly people on staff.

Ocean City is not the place for food, and Tugo's is one of the reasons why. Most of the places in OC cater to the buffet-type mentality, meaning quantity not taste. Been here many times over the past 25 years & OC is still one of the most bland, uninspiring, boring food towns I've ever endured.

3  Thank fawlcon
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

WOW! I would have recommended the PIZZA if you were looking for fabulous. The crab dip, wings, and the buffalo chicken egg rolls are to die for. Nachos are, well, nachos. Thanks so much for the compliments on the GREAT service. Not really sure how I became the poster child for average, however keep in mind that we cater to the 95% of people that want GREAT FOOD in a GREAT ENVIRONMENT at a GREAT PRICE, as does most of Ocean City. If you want a more upscale gourmet style food, you honestly should explore the Rehobeth food scene. Thanks for coming in.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Pizza comes out extremely hot. Excellent service. Great price for amount of food. Kids get a ball of pizza dough while you wait for your pizza to be done.

1  Thank Alex R
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Everything about this restaurant is perfect. However, I do recommend getting it well done. That is a personal preference though and it comes out perfect crispy yet cheesy sauce is amazing

1  Thank riddlemethis
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

THANK YOU! Your heading says it all.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Me and my friend decided to dine in at the west ocean city location on Monday night after a long day at work. I had heard about there draft beer selection but i was totally surprised to find out about there 54 rotating draft beers, that is just WOW!!! We both got the beer flight so we could try their amazing beer selection and it was only 7.99, a very reasonable price for beer lovers. We decided to start off with their Crab dip; BEST CRAB DIP I HAVE HAD IN A WHILE, generously portioned size, perfect for two of us. As, i was having trouble in deciding what to get since they had variety of foods to choose from, my server recommended the burger. I got the Big Bubba and my friend got the Chico. I got only best things to say about the burger; cooked to the perfection, just the way we asked. I have had a lot of burgers from all around the place but this was the one to remember.
The service was very friendly and atmosphere was just perfect for us after a long day at work. I highly recommend this place if you ever get a chance to drive by this place, you have to stop in for the Burger. Will be going back soon to try more beer.

1  Thank chankhe11
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Man I LOVE YOU. I could not say it better myself. Thanks so much for coming in, and for the WONDERFUL review!
Scott Heise

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

we had gone there for lunch had the nachos ...as an app the meat was cold inside . The chips were cold as well. We are used to having the chips flash fried but I guess that's not how they roll. They have NTN trivia here so that's a plus...just not crazy about the pizza ..or nachos.

2  Thank mouseskin
MrTUGO, Owner at Pizza Tugos, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

GOOD FOOD is very subjective. This is a VERY misleading review. As your review points out YOU just did not care for our pizza, and the nachos were not prepared the way YOU liked (although we would have been happy to point that out had you asked).That DOES NOT make it bad. We really appreciate you coming in and really wish you would have let us know you where unhappy with your food while you where in so we could have had the opportunity to correct it.
Scott Heise