“Good night out with friends”

Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant - Clarion Resort
Ranked #57 of 426 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 101st and the beach
Transit: Ocean City buses run every 15 minutes in season and every 30 minutes in the off season. Buses run Coastal Highway from the Inlet to the Delaware state line. You can ride the bus all day for $2.00. There a number of local cabs that are available 24 hours a day.
Description: Welcome to Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant, Ocean City dining at its finest serving Certified Angus Beef and the freshest seafood, chicken, and veal specialties. Compliment your meal with a selection from our award winning wine list. Our Sunday Deluxe Breakfast Buffet overlooking the Atlantic and our famous "All-You-Can-Eat Prime Rib, Crab Legs & Seafood Buffet" are definitely a must. Top 40 dance bands begin at 9:30 pm, so there is never a reason to leave early.
Constantia, New York
“Good night out with friends”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went here with friends. Our waiter was terrible. We had to go to the bar for our first two rounds of drinks. The bill was ridiculously high and not itemized. A little anxiety inducing. The dancing was fun, a little on the old side, but our late twenties early thirties crowd still had fun! The crab dip was awesome! You could see and taste the chunks of fresh meat. Delish! I liked the Miami vices as well:)

Ricahrd H, Director of Food & Beverage at Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant - Clarion Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Our goal is for everyone to have a great experience in Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant. The service you had did not me your expectaions or mine. We have and can do better. All our restaurant and bar checks are itemized, then brokend down to food & beverage costs.I do not know how you could get a printed check that was not itemized. Our system is not programed that way. All our bands are considered top-40 dance music. Not all bands play the same music, but do follow the same genre. I can understand that it would not appeal to the 20-30 something crowd. I wished you would have spoken to one of our managers about the poor service. We could have turned the situation around. It has always been my experience that it is helpful to the guest and the restaurant to say something if you are not happy. We want you to have a great experience.

Middle Village, New York
“Excellent in every way!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Excellent in every way!! We had their breakfast buffet and dinner buffet. Both were Fantastic!! Eggs to order anyway you like to bisquets and gravy YUM! The Seafood buffet was fresh tasting with alasken crabs legs to freshly shucked oysters! Wonderful views of the ocean!

Visited August 2012
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We have been doing our Deluxe Sunday Breakfast Buffet, and our Prime Rib, Crab Legs & Seafood Buffets for over 20 years. We use the best products and have have a friendly staff. You are the reason we do what we do, and we thank you for that. See you again!
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
“Good seafood buffet, but excellent crab legs and prime rib”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I ate there with my wife and three kids for the seafood buffet on a Thursday night in early August 2012. The restaurant was not particularly busy.

The buffet had good selections, although less than some of the other buffets in town. Generally, the food that was there was good, but since it was not busy that night, much of it had been sitting for a long time.

The items that made the buffet worth the large price tag, or at least close to worth it, and earned it this rating, were the crab legs and prime rib. The crab legs were cooked properly, were refilled regularly, and were everything they should be. The prime rib, and maybe I just hit them for the right roast, was astounding. It had a flavorful spice rub, and was fork tender. I would go back just for that as it was some of the best prime rib I have had in a long time.

Note that even non-alcoholic drinks are not included in the price of the buffet and that will add $10.00 for a family of four. Also, if you are planning on eating for a while, get there early. They close down pretty promptly at 10:00 p.m. and they seat until at least 9:00 p.m., so time can be tight if you come late – especially for dessert.

The service was very good. Overall, I would recommend this as a crab legs and prime rib dinner for the price, considering that it is Ocean City summer prices. If you aren’t going to eat these items, then the price will not be justified.

• Visited August 2012
Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
“Not Fine Dining”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The service is amateurish, the food varies from very good to poor. They do have a large wine list but the stemware is cheap restaurant supply stuff with large rolled edges. Stay away.

• Visited July 2012
I am sorry to hear of you disapointing experience at Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant. We certainly strive to do better. We serve only the Certified Angus Beef on our Buffet and the Snow Crag Legs are from the Noth American waters. We are very proud of our award wining wine list. I wish you had said something to one of our managers while you were there. I am a firm believer if you feel we are not meeting your expectations, please let us know. We want all of our guests to have a greeat dining experience. We can't make things right for you after you leave, but we certainely could have improved on things for you while you were here.
Levittown, NY
“Seafood buffet”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Came here with a group of 20 friends and family for the seafood buffet. Overall, everything was very good and tasty. Much better than Phillips that we had the night before. The only negative I have is the auto added gratuity of 20%. I do not tip 20% at a buffet that I serve myself. Otherwise, a good meal (33.95 per adult).

1 Thank Dan9x
Thank you for the complimentary response to your vist. The Prime Rib, Crab Leg & Seafood Buffet is a popular dining venu for many of our guests. We serve Certified Angus Beef and Snow Crab Legs that come from the North American waters. I know there are other buffets in town, but we strive to offer the best product by a professional & friendly staff. I understand your concerns about the automatic gratuity for larger parties. We do this because the serving staff is required to pay 8% tax on what they sell. Unfortunately not everyone tips with that in mind. We feel this helps the servers to meet their tax responsabilities.