“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Atlantic Coast Inn

Atlantic Coast Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Cleveland, Ohio
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Budget restraints kept us from the high-end properties and this place was much more reasonable, although the nightly rates changed. The property has no good view other than looking out over the road or a trailer park. It's further north just over the DE. state line and away from the hustle and bustle of OC and the Boardwalk. Plenty of restaurants between their location and the action. Not far from some entertainment options for the kids like mini golf and water parks.
Rooms were nothing special. It is an old, old property and you can only do so much with it unless you have a major renovation. No breakfast option which is always a nice perk. Pool looked OK, but water temp was cold so we didn't get to use it during a 3-day stay.
I would keep in mind that lots of hotels had vacancies. We jumped on this as first-time visitors and didn't want to get stuck with lots of work finding accommodations. You could even go further north of their location and find many more options. Parking close to rooms was a plus.
No bugs, no mildew. Decent beds and housekeeping seemed to be conscientious. For an average of $113.00 a night, you aren't going to have many choices in OC. It is an expensive place to vacation.

Room Tip: find something on the pool side; at least your view won't include the trailer park
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank FrankJ569

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stopped vacationing in Ocean City, Maryland years ago because it was just too expensive. Hotels there are the biggest ripoff in the state. It was with some trepidation that I decided to stay for 2 nights in September. Waiting til the last minute I was unable to find rooms anywhere for Sunfest weekend. I was ready to give up when I made 1 last phone call after midnight of the day I wanted to arrive and got an answer. The young lady on the phone was very pleasant and immediately asked me what kind of room I wanted, 2 Doubles or 1 Queen. (They actually had rooms!) When I asked about the price she told me $69.00 a night. What? No "one hundred" or "two hundred" in front of that? Other hotels in the area were raping their guests for triple digit rates. Must be a joke. I dialed the wrong number or something and someone was messing with me. But it was real. I ended up with a room with 2 double beds right up by the front office. Couldn't have been better.

Pros: The room was clean and well maintained. I like to check out the trim work and patches on the walls and ceilings from previous rambunctious activity. Everything was perfect. We had a good T.V., table and 2 chairs and a dresser to keep clothes. I really don't remember using any heat or ac so I can't comment on that. The beach is only a block and a half away. Only 2 stories to deal with...no highrise here. "Old school" beach hotel. Despite being near a busy intersection it was very quiet.

Cons: The room was a little on the small side but no big deal. The table and 2 chairs seemed a little crammed in due to the size but they were usable and I was glad to have them...I did use them. There was no desk in the room but it wouldn't fit anyway. Location is way up north near the Delaware line (is actually in Delaware) which some people might not like but I prefer to be far away from the noise. I like cruising up coastal highway and have plenty of time when I am on vacation anyway. They are not open all year. As a matter of fact they were getting ready to close for the winter the weekend I was there. (Although the pool was still open).

If I ever decide to stay in Ocean City again this is the first and ONLY place I will consider.

Room Tip: Call and talk to them...they are very helpful.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BobP2923
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

The service was wonderful. All the housekeepers and ladies at the front dek were wonderful. You felt like you were a king or a queen you were treated so well by the staff. They helped you with all your needs. Really nice pool.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank beachboy19
Middletown CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in August 2009, Unsure of how it would look when we got down there we were both pleasntly surprised! The staff was super friendly, check-in and out went smoothly, and we were right on the boardwalk! Our room was on the 2nd floor, comfy bed, normal sized hotel bathroom VERY CLEAN. It was not only clean but a romantic hotel at that, and Kid friendly. Never used the pool but a good size and clean as well. The deck right outside our room has rocking chairs and is open till midnight, if your a people watcher like me its nice to sit out and check out the boarwalk, watch the people on the rides from the amusemnet park and the best part is the beach! Your right there, we went down almost every morning of our stay. Right when you enter from the guest entrance you can use the showers to clean off before you enter the hotel. This was a great stay for us, We are planning on going down again this summer and staying here!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank D722
Bel Air, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

I was skeptical because of the word "budget" in the web address. However, I was pleasantly surprised! The room was immaculate (which is MOST important), the king size bed was extremely comfortable. There was a nice sitting area surrounded by windows and even a little balcony. It was quiet in spite of the busy intersection just outside. While there were no frills, who needs it when you're just looking for a place to shower and put your head down at night while grabbing a few days on the beach (which is one block walking distance). The bathroom was small, and the towels were a little skimpy, but that did not take anything away from the enjoyment of our stay. I would definitely return to the Atlantic Coast Inn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Lynkath24
dover
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

The room was clean but the balcony view was of the rooftop next door. The television was a bit small and outdated. The pool area/gazebo was nice until the front desk clerk threatened to call the police on us and we were staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank riptideteal
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

Stayed here June 24 through June 27, 2009. Room 236. Room with 2 double beds. Dorm size fridge and small micro. Served our needs very well. This was a last minute get-away for my husband and I. The motel grounds are very well kept. Clean, lawn groomed,very neat. The pool area is also very well kept. The room was spotless! The motel may be an older building, but it very well maintained. The bathroom is a little small but was very clean (this being more important to me than a large bathroom.) My only complaint is that the shower didn't have much water pressure, but that is just a very small complaint. Front desk ladies are wonderful! Check in/check out no problems and very friendly and helpful. Friendly housekeeping staff and they do an excellent job. There are 3 Mini-Golf courses and a WaterPark within a block of the motel. And the beach is just about a block and a half from the motel. The Ocean City bus terminal is within an approx. 2 block walk (just across the state line) and you can take the bus all the way to the OC Inlet and the Boardwalk. You can ride all day for $2.00!! We picked the Atlantic Coast Inn for the price but we are looking forward to returning in the future because of the clean room, neat motel grounds and very friendly staff!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Fenwick Islander Motel
Fenwick Islander Motel
#2 of 4 in Fenwick Island
#1 of 1 in Fenwick Island

Been to Atlantic Coast Inn? Share your experiences!