“Guests be aware.”
Review of Nock Apartments

Nock Apartments
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My experience at nocks was awful. This place looks much better online than in person. Its the worst place in my vacation history after frequent traveling elsewhere . Got there and find out we had to bring our own sheets, toilet paper, towels and every thing else. The place is moist and dingy, utensils with rust inside and if you cook will burn the hot water. The furniture needs changing. Everything needs to be dumped and the whole place needs cleaning. To be honest I would not recommend this place to any one. On leaving we heard his telling guests to give him 10/10. For the $280 per night its a rip off. For the area this place should be better accommodated to its guest.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Daffodil M
There are newer reviews for Nock Apartments

Reviewed July 25, 2013

do not stay here!!!!!!!!! when we first got there we went up to our apartment on the 3rd floor where the balcony is slanted which makes you feel like you are going to fall off. The blinds were broke, the bathroom was disgusting, and when we went to make lunch there was still ramen noodles in our pots and pans. We then got his wife and son to clean our stuff and our bathroom and then had Angelo come up where we showed him everything that was wrong with our apartment to ensure our security deposit would be repaid in full so we would not get charged for damages we did not cause. No one that isn't staying there can even be on the property at 9 not even 8:50 he will freak out. He will barge into your apartment anytime he wants and has a weird accent you cannot understand. Also our fridge did not shut so we had to prop a chair against it to keep our food cold. The apartments next to ours reeked of throw up even on the first day we moved in. Upon the move out day check out time is 10 but he will barge into your aparment at 9 asking for your keys and if you don't give them to him right away he will flip out. and lastly he will make up some crazy stories of you leaving the place a mess as to why you will not recieve your security deposit back even though our group scrubbed the place and it was cleaner when we left.

Room Tip: do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank pissedoffpatron
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My experience at Nock Apartments was awful. My friends got there a day prior to me and when I showed up as I was taking my suitcase in the guy in charge Angelo started yelling at me for not having a wristband at 8:50 when I had explained that I had just arrived he was so mean and said well you need a wristband on right now. Then didnt receive one until 2 days later after asking repetitively. Then the one night we had made friends with our neighbors and went over to hang out, we were talking quietly and then all of a sudden we here a loud knock on the door if you didnt answer within 2 seconds he would get loud and angry and like try to barge in. Then he told us to clean up even though the place is a total [--] hole... there is mold all over the bathroom. But anyway we cleaned up and not but an hour later he comes back knocks once barges in starts cursing at us trying to search the neighbors luggage being a complete jerk even though we did nothing wrong. He threatened to call the cops and evict us. We rented the place he was very unprofessional. Last time I checked cursing and threatening a bunch of seniors is very unprofessional we are paying customers. After 9 oclock even if you whisper he shows up at your door. Last time I checked we did not agree to that in our contract. On the contract it said "random searches are to be done at a reasonable hour." Is midnight a reasonable hour? Also he is ignorant he tried searching personal property which is against the law with out a search warrant. But hey he has the best refrigerators in O.C. which is also a lie. After the week was over the name makes total sense its called nock apartments because he "knock knocks and come in." Oh and chances are if something is broke when you get there say bye to your security deposit because he doesnt even check. But have fun cleaning a carpet with a broom! Also parking sucks because my car now has a scratch because of the post because they make you park in a spot where you cant even get out without hitting the car door next to you! So unless you want poisoning from mold, broom the carpet or have the guy knock and come in and peak in constantly DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank yanksgirlxx
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I came down with a group of my friends for senior week . We're good kids, don't do anything wrong. When the owner showed us our apartment he walked right in and right of the back showed us things wrong with the place. He always says "you have the best fridge in the place" ours didn't even close ..... Anyway, you aren't allowed to have fun, talk, or breath after 9 P.M. He came to our door almost every night telling is to go to bed or clean up our house. First of all, the place is gross before you even move in. Secondly, we tried cleaning and they wouldn't even give us a vaccum so we had to use a broom..... Last night was the worst though. When you move in they make you wear wristbands like the ones you wear if you go to a carnival or something . We were in our place with our neighbors talking and listening to music and he comes banging on our door . It was only like 10. He told everyone he needs to see our wristbands and if we didn't have them 40 dollars. (40 dollars for what?! They are sleeping on our floor!!!!) anyway, they left. Came back and it happened again this time when we answered the door , he walked in and searched our house !!! He cursed at us and was being a complete JERK! He made us pay him 40 dollars and treatened to call the cops on us and evict us ? Terrible expierenence . Don't stay here . Save your mlney

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Angrysenior13
Reviewed March 21, 2013

we stayed there last summer 2012 we had a wonderful time and had no issues with the owners. basically if your honest and polite there should be no reason you wouldnt enjoy your stay. going there again this year if they arent booked up.

Room Tip: no elevaters so top floor envolves some work to get there but still worth staying at.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I went with a group of friends, as soon as we got there the manager of the place was already screaming and cursing at others. He has no manners at all, and has a horrible mouth. They apparently have security there, which we were unaware of. The "security" man, walked right into our room with out even a warning about he pounded on the door because he didn't believe that we belonged in our own room. We also never got our security deposit back because apparently they are always "too busy". The kitchen is terribly small and nothing in there works. They owner and "security" are always sitting outside the rooms watching and asking questions. It was a horrible experience and I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank abby s
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have twin 5 yr old boys me and my boyfriend and kids go to oc at least twice a year for crusier weekends we usually stay in a hotel thats very small with no privacy because of funds. Nock apartments is CHEAPER than a hotel room. I couldnt believe it i found a two bedroom Apartment with living room with pull out couch(= third room) dining area, bathroom, and kitchen. The place was very clean,behind the boardwalk and in downtown where we like to be. Not only will my family and i return but im going to convince our group of friends (14 or More) to stay at Nock Apartments in May.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family