“Please don't believe the horrible reviews!!!”
Review of Nock Apartments

Nock Apartments
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just returned from a 5 day stay in OC at the Nock apartments. My mother booked the apartment for my parents and my family (2 children ages 11 and 16). When I read the reviews before our trip, I was freaking out and even brought my own cleaning supplies and flashlight inspect for bedbugs. The owners were friendly, welcoming and very helpful. The apartment was spotless and smelled fresh and clean upon our arrival. The furniture is outdated and the kitchen and bath need updating as well but for the price and location, it is a great deal. The pics on the the website are exactly what you get so if you like what you see, you will enjoy. I really believe that the horrible reviews are being written by high school and college aged kids who are expecting to do whatever they want without consequences. If you are loud and obnoxious, I am sure the owners will be at your door. If you are a family coming to OC to enjoy the boardwalk, shops and beach, the Nock Apartments are an affordable place to stay. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PatPie
There are newer reviews for Nock Apartments

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great location walking distance to the beach and excellent service. We were looking for a clean place, close to the beach and free parking. If you are looking for an affordable place for a family vacation, we highly recommend this place! My 3 year old had a great time.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

First let me start by saying that I was mortified after reading these reviews after my friend booked this place. We are 3 25 year old dudes who came down for a long weekend looking for a place to shower, sleep, & pregame. It IS NOT as bad as these reviews would suggest. You get what you pay for. It is not the Plaza Hotel, however it is not infested with bugs, rodents, and bodyguards as some of you may say. I met the dude that owns the place and he did say "Oh you guys are 25 so I can't talk to you the way I talk to younger people." I thought that was weird, but the dude was very helpful always asking us if we needed anything. The room was clean, maybe a little outdated but it absolutely got the job done. The bathroom was small and could use a rehab, but its just a bathroom. If you spend a lot of time in there then I guess you will have some problems. The toilet, shower, and sink all worked fine. If you are complaining about the kitchen appliances not workings, sans the fridge, you probably shouldn't be on vacation if you have to use the kitchen to cook. The fridge kept the beers ice cold and thats all we cared about. The owner never barged in, never peered in, and the only time we saw him was when we were leaving the property and he was gardening or something. If you're acting like a complete jerk off the whole weekend and neighbors are complaing or you're breaking stuff then obviously the dudes going to have a problem. We blasted music inside and on the porch 24/7, got bombed all day & night, and even had overnight guests a couple times. The guy didn't say anything at all. He only asks that you park in the assigned spot he gives you, take the trash out, and wipe the sand off before you go inside.

Maybe the guy does give kids a hard time, which I'm not justifying because their money is just as green as everyone elses. But more often than not kids are acting wreckless and I am sure the dude has enough bad experiences to warrant his concerns. My opinion is that all these negative complaints are probably from younger people and possibly all from the same party that got out of hand and got in trouble, so I wouldn't really let most of these reviews scare you away. It is one of the cheapest spots in OCMD, probably due to its location away from most of the nightlife (about 40 blocks). It is a decent spot too where you have space to do stuff and you're not piled on top of others as you would be in a motel. Could definitely use some upgrades, but if you're that picky as to where you use the bathroom, shower, and drunkenly pass out, then you have problems.

I rated it very good because we were really only looking for a place where 3 people could sleep (2 beds & a pull out) and it was very good at providing that for us and it was dumb cheap for 3 nights.

Room Tip: We had an end unit so only neighbors on one side. Ground floor is probably a little better because...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friends and i stayed at the nock apartments because the pictures and location seemed awesome.. no. As soon as we got there they said we couldnt have visitors after 9 and if we did theyd have to pay 40 dollars, two of my friends had to do that because Angelo (the owner) came storming into our apartment at 1030 at night before we went out. My friend asked if he could pay 40 to stay the next night and he said no, no sense at all. The whole thing was small and not worth the amount of money we paid. The window would shake and make noise in our room and kept us awake most of the night. All week he or his "body gaurds" sat outside the apartments til maybe 330 in the morning every night to make sure nobody was coming in. Seriously senior week is to be able to hang out with a bunch of our friends and new friends and we were scared every night he would barge in our house. Angelo was very rude and wouldnt let us talk even if we tried get a word in. The apartment was small, you cld barely get in and our of the kitchen and bathroom. I was seriously pissed every night we had to go back and saw them sitting outside. The location was nice but thats it. If youre graduating seniors dont go, its a total scam and a joke, they made this other apartment of boys pay about 400 dollars in citations. Angelos very rude and you wont enjoy it! This trip was terrible, and we promised we would never go back!

Room Tip: dont stay here. you wont enjoy it
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cassie B
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Sheets are dirty, there's bugs, the horrible owner Angelo barges in whenever he wants and treats everyone that stays horribly. Him and his wife are scam artists and just try to take peoples money for horrible quality, it's what they do. DON'T EVER GO THERE!!!

1  Thank Jaaaahmal
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It is 3:33am on 7/13/12 and we just got ROBBED by Angelo and his wife Alma!!!! We checked in at 1:30 am and quickly noticed the filthy room, it didn't look like the pictures on line. The sheets had urine stains and it was no longer white!!! The two other beds had hair all over the sheets!!!! The kitchen was dirty and the chairs were disgustingly dirty! Lastly one other chair was broken ! I went to ask for my refund then Angelo became extremely aggressive and stated I will NOT get a refund for the remaining nights. I had to call the police to help with the problem. Angelo claimed we caused the filth in the 1/2 we were there. He didn't realize I had already took pictures! He claimed I didn't speak to him or his wife since I've booked the room. From 7/5/12 I spoke to them over 8 times to confirm the rates, occupancy limit and discussing my late arrival being we drove from CT. This couple lied to the two police officers stating I've NEVER spoken to them!!! I was appalled by this fraudulent by their actions. They evicted us and took our first night's fee. Please people DO NOT EVER book or stay at this HELL HOLE!!!! Run!!!!

3  Thank Klaotian
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The place was great, clean rooms, right by the beach. Excellent customer service, the owner was friendly and fun to talk to. Had an AMAZING time with friends! I'll be back soon!! :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends