We stayed in a lightkeeper bayview suite, room 204, which has a wonderful view of the bay and the wetlands. The room was extremely spacious and comfortable, and the furnishings and amenities were all top notch. I would have preferred a slightly larger deck as there was barely room for 2 chairs, but the view from inside was just as good. You don't feel like you are in Ocean City, it's so peaceful in its own little oasis. If you like wildlife, this is the place for you. Many duck families have made the Lighthouse Club their home--when you go out to dinner in the evening, there were at least 6 pair of ducks sleeping in the driveway. During the day we saw several different moms with broods of 7 or 8 ducklings huddled close. And then there are the herons which swoop in to fish as well! Friday night the hotel hosted a small reception from 6-7 pm with hors d'ouevres and wine, a nice touch, so be sure to get across the Bay Bridge early. It's a 2 block walk, crossing the main drag to get to the ocean, so don't plan to bring too much stuff to the beach. But don't forget the binoculars for watching the waterfowl from your room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set admidst the gentle rushes of the natural wetlands with the Isle of Wight Bay lapping at your doorstep, The Lighthouse Club Hotel offers twenty-three one-bedroom suites with a high comfort factor and a unique atmosphere of privacy and solicitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Lighthouse Club Hotel an Inn at Fager's Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Club Ocean City
- Lighthouse Ocean City
- Lighthouse Hotel Ocean City Md
- Light House Club Hotel