We have stayed at the Lighthouse previously, so this was not our first experience (thankfully). The property is well kept, and maintained nicely for a 25 year old hotel. We stayed in March 2014 (off season) and the room we booked was still over $300 a night, so our expectations were a little higher than had we stayed at a $100 a night hotel room.
We arrived in our room at 5:00 pm, and the room was hot, over 85 degrees (it was about 50 degrees outside). I turned off the heat, turned on the AC (or so I thought) and opened the balcony door so the room would cool off while we were at dinner. Much to our surprise when we returned after 8:00 pm, the room was just as hot as when we had left.
I called the front desk and they asked if I had turned off the heat, and turned on the ceiling fan (which of course I had done) - then I was informed that the air conditioning was not working because it was being replaced - a piece of information that should have been shared at check in. In a $300+ a night hotel room, I slept on the floor by the balcony door because the room remained so hot through the night. No concessions were made or offered for the inconvenience, so I asked to speak to the manager when we were checking out (payment was taken at the time the room was reserved or I would not have paid) and she was not available, I left a note for her when I checked out, and to date have not been contacted by her or anyone from the hotel.
I travel frequently, and have stayed at many different types of hotels. Fagers Island is a nice resort to visit when in Ocean City, however if they continue to treat guests in this manner, it is very unlikely that they will be reap the benefits of return customers. Based on how they handled my situation, I will be staying at the Hilton the next time I am in Ocean City...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set admidst the gentle rushes of the natural wetlands with the Isle of Wight Bay lapping at your doorstep, The Lighthouse Club Hotel offers twenty-three one-bedroom suites with a high comfort factor and a unique atmosphere of privacy and solicitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Lighthouse Club Hotel an Inn at Fager's Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Club Ocean City
- Lighthouse Ocean City
- Lighthouse Hotel Ocean City Md
- Light House Club Hotel