Hubby & I were going to OC for our anniversary. I booked Friday at the Lighthouse, and Saturday at the Hilton. We arrived at 5pm, and were given a very nice welcome by the front desk, including glasses of hot cider. The cider was tasty, but hot beverages are not great in a champagne flute. Anyway, nice touch. We were asked if we needed help with our bags, (didn't) and shown to our room on the 1st floor. Lovely!! Small and very intimate. It was absolutely spotless. Shown the bathroom, how to use the TV remote, and the complimentary water and soft drinks in the fridge. Fiji water is available for $5.oo. No thanks. The regular stuff was fine. The nicest touch for me? Real cream in the fridge!! Not plastic wrapped, dry stuff. There is a huge jacuzzi in the bathroom, and thick terrycloth robes. We had dinner at Fagers Island, just a short walk over a footbridge. When we got back to our room, our bed had been turned down, candles lit, and Godiva chocolates were on our feather pillows. A small plate of fresh fruit and 2 pieces of sweet bread was left also.
There is a lounge just behind the check-in desk, with coffee, teas, books and nice seating. I should have asked for a tour of the more upscale & larger rooms upstairs. We had a nice view of the bay, and would have spent more time on the small deck, but it was too cold & windy. The only thing I would have changed? Better seating in our room. There was a chase lounge, and 2 chairs, but they were not very comfortable, especially for reading. We had a wonderful time and would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Isle of Wight Bay, the Lighthouse Club Hotel is an octagonal building fashioned after the Thomas Point Lighthouse on the Chesaptown Bay. Its 23 suites are pie shaped with feather beds, double Jacuzzi tubs, upscale imported bedding and bath amenities. Many of the suites have fireplaces and all have large balcony areas facing the bay or the wetlands. The Lighthouse has a large clubroom facing the water with a fireplace, an honor bar every evening, complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate daily and warm gourmet cookies every afternoon. A large wrap-around porch with rocking chairs faces the water for fabulous sunsets. An exercise and massage room has just been added for our guests and a heated outdoor pool is available in season. Our Restaurant, Fager's Island, is open daily for lite fare and fine dining, specialty drinks, a notable selection of wines and craft beers. Live entertainment in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Lighthouse Club Hotel an Inn at Fager's Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Hotel Ocean City Md
- Lighthouse Club Ocean City
- Lighthouse Ocean City
- Light House Club Hotel