I just returned from a weekend stay and must say it was quite enjoyable. This is more a romantic retreat than somewhere to go with friends or children. It is set back off Coastal Highway (about a 10 minute drive ~ without traffic ~ to the Ocean City Boardwalk; about 35 -45 mins to get to the Rehobeth Beach outlets for shopping) and has very quiet surroundings sitting right on the water. The reception/check-in area was on the ground floor and our room was on the 1st floor. There are 2 floors of rooms at this hotel, which really has more of a bed and breakfast feel based on how it is laid out.
To keep it short and sweet, I would not have an issue staying at this hotel again and here are my thoughts on the pros and cons:
-Greeted with mimosas and with help getting bags to the room
-Nice lounge area, both indoors and outdoors
-Large, spacious, and generally clean room (some spotting on carpets, but definitely not a deal breaker for me)
-Mini-refrigerator ~ it's actually a bit larger than a standard mini-refrigerator (see picture) with freezer and was stocked with a couple bottles of water and canned sodas (not sure if these were free or not since I did not drink any of those items)
-Whirlpool tub and very clean bathroom
-Deck off of bedroom (did not use though)
-Room service (within certain hours)
-Based on the open layout of the hotel, noise from the reception/check-in area may travel to your room. Our room was basically right above the reception area, so at times we would hear folks conversing, checking in, etc. I would suggest trying to get a room on the second floor if you really want to try and avoid this, but it still may be an issue just based on the layout of the hotel, which frankly is quite unique and is one of the reasons I was interested in staying here.
-Slightly dated furniture and fixtures (again, not a deal breaker for me)
-Noise from neighbors running whirlpool (whirlpool jets are loud). Of course you cannot control when folks would like to make use of their whirlpool, but this is just something to take note of, as I was awakened early one morning by this and unfortunately because I am a very light sleeper, was unable to get back to sleep
-Noise from upstairs neighbors walking around (not sure if they were just hard walkers or if the space between the upper and lower level of rooms is just that thin). Whatever the case, to avoid this if you might find this bothersome, you may want to consider a room on the top floor, which I would do if I visited this establishment again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Isle of Wight Bay, the Lighthouse Club Hotel is an octagonal building fashioned after the Thomas Point Lighthouse on the Chesaptown Bay. Its 23 suites are pie shaped with feather beds, double Jacuzzi tubs, upscale imported bedding and bath amenities. Many of the suites have fireplaces and all have large balcony areas facing the bay or the wetlands. The Lighthouse has a large clubroom facing the water with a fireplace, an honor bar every evening, complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate daily and warm gourmet cookies every afternoon. A large wrap-around porch with rocking chairs faces the water for fabulous sunsets. An exercise and massage room has just been added for our guests and a heated outdoor pool is available in season. Our Restaurant, Fager's Island, is open daily for lite fare and fine dining, specialty drinks, a notable selection of wines and craft beers. Live entertainment in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Lighthouse Club Hotel an Inn at Fager's Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Hotel Ocean City Md
- Lighthouse Club Ocean City
- Lighthouse Ocean City
- Light House Club Hotel