“wonderful hotel”

Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We stayed at the Dunes Hotel from 8/19-8/26. It is, by far, the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are extremely clean and the housekeeping staff is very good. We stayed on the 10th floor and it was very quiet at night, just the sounds of the ocean. The restaurant is very nice. You can dine inside or outside overlooking the ocean. The food is really good and not too highly priced (for Ocean City). The rocking chairs out on the veranda overlooking the ocean are very relaxing when you want to just stop and sit for awhile. The pool is nice, but very warm. The jacuzzi temperature was quite hot. Shirley Toms plays the piano nights (Wed.thru Sunday) in the lobby. This is a great time for all ages. She has sing-a-longs that are a lot of fun. Doesn't matter if you can sing or not! The lobby, itself, is beautiful. The afternoon "tea" time is fun for all, as well. The only complaints I have were the elevators (only 2) that took a long time to get, and there were a couple of front-desk girls that were not very friendly during our stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone going to Ocean City to "party", as it is definitely not the place for that. It is more of a family-oriented, or "mature" traveler's hotel. It is well worth the extra money we paid, and I would go back again if I ever have the chance.

28  Thank kakesrules

Reviewed August 23, 2006

We stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel for a two night / 3 day stay starting on 8-20-06. We arrived at the Dunes early, several hours prior to check in. There is ample amount of parking at the Dunes, and we were pleased with the appearance of the hotel. When we entered the lobby, we were very pleased with the layout, and the "welcome" you feel. The staff was very helpful as well. When we did make it to our room, it was foud to be very clean. When we opened the door to the outside, the view was amazing. Both mornings, we were able to go out on the loft, and watch dolphins for about an hour or so. The food at the Hotel was also very good. The only issue that we had with this Hotel is the slow elevator service. There are only two elevators for the Hotel, and they were very busy. The average time waiting for one was around 10 minutes. Overall, this hotel is fantastic and I will be staying there again !

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
32  Thank redten
Reviewed August 17, 2006

First, a little perspective. While there is a lot of development happening in OC, MD, there are very few really nice places to stay. The Dunes Manor is one of the nicer hotels, but is not luxurious in any way. The rooms are clean, but small and spare. The bathroom is small and basic. There is a small fridge and coffee maker in the sink area. There was plenty of hot water, but the water pressure was very, very weak. The beds are comfortable. The lobby and large porch are the nicest features of this hotel. The location is also very convenient and the ocean views are great. I took my son to OC for a short getaway. I felt that the rate was expensive for one night mid-week, but the room was oceanfront and again, there are limited choices for nicer accomodations.

10  Thank sambrose
Reviewed August 10, 2006

Just got back from a 4 night stay at the Dunes Manor Hotel. I have mixed feelings because I really disliked Ocean City. But if you have to go there, the Dunes Manor Hotel was clean and the staff was very attentive. The elevators were slow, but it is a busy hotel... We LOVED the piano lady Shirley Toms, who plays and passes out song books and there were families singing and older people sitting next to college students and it was great. They have afternoon tea and cookies and that is very popular also. On the down side, their beach stand where you can buy lunch is chaotic with a capital C. We ate breakfast in the Victorian Room and it is affordable. We ate outside and watched the dolphins swim by . All in all, the Dunes was in a great location. I looked around and if I HAD to visit Ocean City again, I would stay at the Dunes again. Nothing else appealed to me....

25  Thank WVVickster
Reviewed August 10, 2006

The Dunes Manor is a beautiful hotel. I travelled w/my cousin, my daughter, and her daughter for a few days away before my cousin's daughter heads off to college. We had a great visit.

We did enjoy the ocean front room, what a view!! Dolphins galore.

Our room was very nice. The bathroom was a bit small, but functional. We liked having the fridge and microwave. The first day our air conditioner did not work, but it was replaced immediately with no problem.

We loved afternoon tea and singing w/Shirley. The four of us really enjoyed the evening she was there. We also like the free coffe and tea in the morning. We sat many afternoons on the deck in the rockers reading and listening to the waves. We also liked the pool. It was clean and comfortable.

The price was a bit high, so it will be difficult to stay at the Dunes Manor again, this was a special trip, and we picked the perfect place.

While we waited for the elevator, many people complained, but I did not have a problem with how long we had to wait. It is a busy hotel and they have 2 working elevators. The wait is never very long. It is not possible to just press the button and get instaneous results anywhere. I found it completely reasonable.

15  Thank A1teacher
Reviewed August 10, 2006

This was our first visit to OC and the hotel was great. Clean, well maintained and good service. Excellent location in relation to boardwalk. Just a 2 blocks away! It was also quiet here so if you are looking for a family place and not a party hotel, this is a great place to stay. We enjoyed the "afternoon tea". The hotel was right on the beach. Very convienient so you can just park your car for your entire stay and take the bus or boardwalk tram! If we decided to go back to OC, which we will, I would definantly stay here again!

20  Thank jlaharrity
Reviewed August 9, 2006

I have stayed at the dunes for 4 years and I just came back from 3 days/2 nights stay at hotel and they never stop amazing us, the view you get from our balcony is fantastic, we were bless with good weather that weekend and I cannot say enough about the good service this place offers, the restaurant serves a delicious breakfast, the bartender was out of this world, the place is sparkling clean and reception desk very friendly, they even remember us from previous years which makes us feel very welcomed. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business