We stayed at the Dunes Hotel from 8/19-8/26. It is, by far, the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are extremely clean and the housekeeping staff is very good. We stayed on the 10th floor and it was very quiet at night, just the sounds of the ocean. The restaurant is very nice. You can dine inside or outside overlooking the ocean. The food is really good and not too highly priced (for Ocean City). The rocking chairs out on the veranda overlooking the ocean are very relaxing when you want to just stop and sit for awhile. The pool is nice, but very warm. The jacuzzi temperature was quite hot. Shirley Toms plays the piano nights (Wed.thru Sunday) in the lobby. This is a great time for all ages. She has sing-a-longs that are a lot of fun. Doesn't matter if you can sing or not! The lobby, itself, is beautiful. The afternoon "tea" time is fun for all, as well. The only complaints I have were the elevators (only 2) that took a long time to get, and there were a couple of front-desk girls that were not very friendly during our stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone going to Ocean City to "party", as it is definitely not the place for that. It is more of a family-oriented, or "mature" traveler's hotel. It is well worth the extra money we paid, and I would go back again if I ever have the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dunes Manor Hotel & All Suites properties offer a unique hospitality experience when visiting Ocean City, Maryland. At the Dunes Manor Hotel you will walk through our front doors and be transported back to the gentle days of a bygone era. Truly ocean front, these properties embrace the stunning views with each guest room offering a private balcony and, at the Dunes Manor Hotel, a wide verandah complete with rocking chairs to take it all in. A location second to none, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites properties are the perfect choice for couples, groups and family getaways. Our all-suites property is at the onset of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk and is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, cook-top stove and 46" HDTV. While at the Dunes Suites property, all the amenities at the Dunes Manor Hotel are available for your use including the full service restaurant, The Victorian Room; the indoor/outdoor bar (seasonal) Zippy Lewis Lounge, heated indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. All properties offer complimentary Wi-Fi access and free off street parking. Afternoon Team is served daily at 3:00 pm and is a tradition started by the Hotel's owner and entrepreneur, Thelma Conner back in 1987. Join the staff as they serve the signature tea with cookies and crumpets with genuine hospitality. What a great opportunity to mingle with fellow guests and learn more of the history of Ocean City Maryland. Whether you choose to relax by our heated pool, enjoy the salty ocean air from the outside deck, explore the Boardwalk, shop, dine or visit some of Ocean City's best attractions, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites will help make your dream stay a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Manor Hotel Ocean City
- Hotel Dunes Manor
- Dunes Manor Ocean City Md