Because we had stayed here previously and enjoyed it - We booked a Thanksgiving holiday weekend stay (Wed 26th - Sun 30th 2013). We booked this - from the Dunes Manor website in July 2013. We received a confirmation email in return. In September, we sent them an email - from the 'contact us' portion of the same website - asking about reservations for Thanksgiving dinner and if there would be a requirement for dress at the dinner. We received no reply.
The Saturday prior, I checked the web page and found that there was a "Thanksgiving Package" and that people should make reservations. I called the number and spoke to a pleasant woman who verified our reservation and connected me to the restaurant. There I was told that they were completely booked, and they could possibly fit me in at 7 PM. She offered to put me on 'stand-by' - in case someone else canceled. She gave me the name of a restaurant in town that might have an opening, and asked why I did not book 'the package'. I explained that it was not offered on the website in July or September, that other places I had stayed over a holiday, gave priority to their residential guests for meals, and that we were not willing to travel down there just to fast over Thanksgiving. She told me that I should have called rather than use the web page.
We re-contacted the desk and cancelled the reservation. I explained to that woman that the web page did not list a 'Package', and that I sent an email on this topic - but never received a reply. She indicated that the web site was maintained by a third party, and that if I had called, the desk staff would have explained/offered the package, and made the reservation.
After we made other plans (two hours later) we were called and told that someone had cancelled their reservation - and there was now an opening for dinner, which made me suspect that we'b be jammed-in to a temporary table - so we did not re-establish the reservations.
I strongly recommend that anyone making reservations here, follow-up with a phone call far in advance of your reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dunes Manor Hotel & All Suites properties offer a unique hospitality experience when visiting Ocean City, Maryland. At the Dunes Manor Hotel you will walk through our front doors and be transported back to the gentle days of a bygone era. Truly ocean front, these properties embrace the stunning views with each guest room offering a private balcony and, at the Dunes Manor Hotel, a wide verandah complete with rocking chairs to take it all in. A location second to none, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites properties are the perfect choice for couples, groups and family getaways. Our all-suites property is at the onset of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk and is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, cook-top stove and 46" HDTV. While at the Dunes Suites property, all the amenities at the Dunes Manor Hotel are available for your use including the full service restaurant, The Victorian Room; the indoor/outdoor bar (seasonal) Zippy Lewis Lounge, heated indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. All properties offer complimentary Wi-Fi access and free off street parking. Afternoon Team is served daily at 3:00 pm and is a tradition started by the Hotel's owner and entrepreneur, Thelma Conner back in 1987. Join the staff as they serve the signature tea with cookies and crumpets with genuine hospitality. What a great opportunity to mingle with fellow guests and learn more of the history of Ocean City Maryland. Whether you choose to relax by our heated pool, enjoy the salty ocean air from the outside deck, explore the Boardwalk, shop, dine or visit some of Ocean City's best attractions, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites will help make your dream stay a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Manor Hotel Ocean City
- Hotel Dunes Manor
- Dunes Manor Ocean City Md