My husband and I stayed for 4 days. PROS-The oceanfront room was GREAT. The room was clean and I found the bed to be very comfortable. I especially LOVED being able to open both windows, (with screens), that faced the balcony which brought the outside in. That was really a plus for me. The hotel was very convenient as the boardwalk tram stop was less than a full block away. Also, the location is good for fast food, stores, etc., right outside on the main strip. The hotel pool with jaquzzi was nice, and the complimentary popcorn during happy hour. The outdoor porch was nice, however, the "rocking chairs" really don't rock.
CONS-The only down side was the lack of friendliness of the staff. Also, the front desk staff and bell staff barely understood and spoke English. Immediately upon checking in, I found the staff to be very DRY and uninviting. A smile goes a LONG way. I like to feel that my business is welcomed, not that I'm interupting someone. I found this attitude to be among MOST of the staff, especially the bell staff and front desk personnel. However, a waitress in the restaurant, Carole, was very pleasant and the bartender was nice. In addition, we found an HBO guide in our room, but couldn't seem to find the channel. When I called downstairs I was told that the channel was not available. The next day started a new month and a NEW HBO guide was placed in our room. Again, when I called, I was told HBO was not available. Upon checking out I was told that the channel WAS available. I find it disturbing that front desk staff could be so uninformed, barely speak and understand English, and not pleasant. These staffmembers are on the front line! Finally, when my husband and I checked out, (late), we paid our balance with cash and a credit card. No one thought to mention that our balance had already been charged on the credit card on file. I only found out a day later. The charge was cancelled in about 2 days. Not good.
Overall, would I stay again? ....Yes. I think that the hotel itself, room, and locatio, definitely warrants a 2nd stay. However, If I find that certain things still exist I will move on and spend my money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dunes Manor Hotel & All Suites properties offer a unique hospitality experience when visiting Ocean City, Maryland. At the Dunes Manor Hotel you will walk through our front doors and be transported back to the gentle days of a bygone era. Truly ocean front, these properties embrace the stunning views with each guest room offering a private balcony and, at the Dunes Manor Hotel, a wide verandah complete with rocking chairs to take it all in. A location second to none, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites properties are the perfect choice for couples, groups and family getaways. Our all-suites property is at the onset of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk and is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, cook-top stove and 46" HDTV. While at the Dunes Suites property, all the amenities at the Dunes Manor Hotel are available for your use including the full service restaurant, The Victorian Room; the indoor/outdoor bar (seasonal) Zippy Lewis Lounge, heated indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. All properties offer complimentary Wi-Fi access and free off street parking. Afternoon Team is served daily at 3:00 pm and is a tradition started by the Hotel's owner and entrepreneur, Thelma Conner back in 1987. Join the staff as they serve the signature tea with cookies and crumpets with genuine hospitality. What a great opportunity to mingle with fellow guests and learn more of the history of Ocean City Maryland. Whether you choose to relax by our heated pool, enjoy the salty ocean air from the outside deck, explore the Boardwalk, shop, dine or visit some of Ocean City's best attractions, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites will help make your dream stay a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Manor Hotel Ocean City
- Hotel Dunes Manor
- Dunes Manor Ocean City Md