“Relaxed!”

Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed June 26, 2013

A very relaxing stay! The afternoon tea was refreshing! Centrally located so much so that once the car was parked we walked to attractions (boardwalk, mini golf, restaurants, mini mart, etc.). Breakfast in the Victorian room was just right! Only drawback is would not want to be on 2nd floor again! Too noisy w/ window open!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank NCfornow
Vicki M, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We agreed that our location is one of the best features of our property! It is relaxing when you don't have to fight traffic. When making your next reservation, please do not hesitate to request a higher floor! Thank you for your review and patronage!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,452)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to this hotel for a few years now, and we have come to really enjoy it.

First, the hotel recently modernized its rooms. They now have a fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, and granite countertops. The update is beautiful.

The lobby decor is what gives this hotel its retro feel. Its staff makes it feel like a family-run hotel.

It has a very good location, just off the north end of the boardwalk. A short walk gets you to the boardwalk, where you can rent bikes or take the tram. I would NOT recommend walking - there are not too many things to do at that end of the boardwalk, but the transportation options make it easy. There are plenty of shops and services within walking distance along the street near the hotel, so anything you might need is easily accessible.

We had one meal in the restaurant. It was very good. I wasn't too hungry, so I ordered a quesadilla. To my surprise, it came out on a large plate, the size of my face. I had leftovers, but was very happy out it.

We generally don't have our room cleaned, so I can't comment on the quality of the room service, but we were given anything we needed when we asked.

One thing to note - the wi-fi service is a little weak. The signal gets almost unusable the farther into the room you go. The construction of the hotel probably plays a role in this - it is steel and concrete, sure to restrict any signal. I often found myself on the bed closest to the door or standing near the door to get a better signal. But, it is complimentary, and it usually works. Better than eating your data.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend staying at this hotel. Rooms are clean, service is very good, and it is in a great location for accessing either Ocean City or points north.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank loki74
Vicki M, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for your review! Your comments were welcomed!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place is awesome. No one from the hotel bothers you and it's the cleanest place I've ever stayed. Only problem is you only get 1 parking spot per room when there was always extra spots in the lot. I can't wait to come back. The balcony and view itself is all You need to enjoy yourself!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank allisonnnn

We appreciate your review and kind words! Parking is at a premium here in Ocean City. Depending on the season, we have to hold true to our policy of one car per room in order to insure that every guest room has a parking space. Again, thank you for your comments and patronage.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our vacation started down the street with a different hotel, the staff was horrific. We were treating our parents to their 50th anniversary and had booked another hotel. Never again for that place! We didn't want to spoil the weekend for our parents so we thought we would check the Dunes Manor last minute. My wife and I stayed at the Dunes Manor on our honeymoon 25years ago and it was wonderful. No surprise, the young lady at the front desk was very nice, helpful and had great attitude. Can I say it couldn't have worked out better. Twenty Five years later and this place is still awesome, rooms are clean, staff was exceptional and everyone was nice. Because of the way my parents were treated I will definitely stay here for my 26th anniversary. Why we tried some place different? - I guess we all make mistakes. You get what you pay for that's for sure!! Thanks, Dunes Manor & Staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rob B
Vicki M, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Welcome back! Happy anniversary! We are pleased to have been a part of your celebrations.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We attended a convention at the Dunes June 7-9, 2013. We've been staying at the hotel for years--but this is the first time I've been compelled to write a review. First--you can't beat the location. It's just a block of the boardwalk. All rooms are oceanfront with balconies. The staff is always friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make sure your stay is comfortable. I can't say enough about the remodeled rooms. Gone are the dark bedspreads and curtains. Now you'll find bright colors, granite countertops and a large flat-screen TV. The linens looked brand-new--because they are! Over the years, I've stayed at many hotels in Ocean City, MD. None of them even compare to the new Dunes Manor Hotel experience. Well done!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Tim T

There is nothing like a "repeat" guest! Thank you for your kind words. The staff and managment appreciate them.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel from June 11-June 13. This is the fourth time we have stayed, and we enjoyed ourselves as usual. I love that this location has great ocean views and has wonderful access to the beach. It's close enough to the boardwalk that you can walk, but it is quiet. It was Senior Week (high school students) when we were there, and I liked that the hotel catered to older people or those with families we didn't have screaming drunk people running up and down the halls. Everyone we came into contact with was polite, from the lady at the desk, who recognized us from a prior stay, to the people who rode up on the elevator with us.

The rooms were neat, clean, and updated. There were flatscreen tvs and new carpeting and bedding. We will definitely stay there again. It's the highlight of our vacation. I seriously question the prior reviewer who supposedly saw homeless people and supposedly a drug deal. I've never seen that anywhere in Ocean City, let alone at the classy Dunes Manor Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront, so you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie F

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. Your review and patronage is appreciated!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The location of this hotel was fantastic. We were right on the ocean and had amazing views. The rooms have been recently renovated, but they standard room we stayed in was very tight quarters. The "tea time" was a nice feature, but the quality of what was served was not good. Overall, it was clean and comfortable. The rates were good for oceanfront, but that and that alone is the only reason I'd ever stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family