“You get what you pay for!”
Review of Tides Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tides Motel
Ranked #76 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is not a Marriott or Hilton but with the price they charge what would you expect? Honestly, the place was clean and is perfect if you do not intend to stay much in the room. I don't go to the beach to hang out in the motel...but if you do this place isn't for you.

Everything is quite old and in desperate need of renovation. Smoking is not allowed in the rooms so the majority of the renters were hanging outside on the cheap chairs smoking...and in some cases drinking. It was laughable. Also, they claimed to offer free wifi but none of our 3 devices worked. They claimed it was us but there was no way that all 3 of our devices didn't work at the same time.

Stay here to save money only. Don't expect luxury, quality or service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank matthewedward

Reviewed August 2, 2010

recently stayed here. The room was nice, small pool, very good maid service,but the floors are super thin and you can hear every footstep above you. One group of young adults above us actually had our ceiling vibrating because of their jumping up and down. We were on the second floor and had shower water from their third floor room come through the ceiling into our bathroom twice! very unsanitary. The staff wiped the floor with towels but it was still a gross unsanitary experience. Received calls continuously from one office employee who said he couldn't sleep at night in the office because the children were making to much noise with their feet on the super thin floors. The beach at this location was very treacherous for young children.

Definately not worth the reduced price for what you have to endure.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank camel42
Reviewed July 28, 2010

These people expect quite alot for one of the cheapest hotels in Ocean City. We have stayed in some of the other cheapest and this motel is by far better then most. Yes the furniture and bathrooms are outdated and yes the pool was very small, but the room was clean, there was no bugs (we've had ants in other cheap rooms in OC), there was no foul smell (we've had that as well in other rooms) the location is perfect, a few steps from the beach , we were supplied with towels daily and there was a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator which is very cool for a room that cheap. There was a small coffee maker, they supplied dishes and utensils (which we didn't use), dish soap and rags. We even decided to stay an extra day which they accomodated. For rates in July, this motel was the second to cheapest we could find. I forgot to take a pic of the room but I did get a pic of our view from the 3rd floor.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank poca1313
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our stay was pleasant, suprisingly based on previous reviews read our expectation was filled with anxiety, however we got a nice surprise the rooms were clean, had everything we needed, it was located in a nice area;within walking distance of the beach, literally one minute Wow what else could we ask for at the price? customer service was very professional and corteous
thanks for the suggestion on the Deli it was the best!!!
If youre too Picky go ahead and pay $300 per night at any other hotel... If you in recession like the rest of us you cannot go wrong with this motel;)

5  Thank Gylo
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed one night while attending the American Legion's Department of Maryland Convention. My advanced reservation listed, but didn't guarantee, a second floor room in the main building. I was assigned a ground floor room in the annex building at check-in. There were several "vacancy" signs at some of the chain motels, so I'm sure I could have found a more modern one for the same amount of money or slightly more. The website pictures don't show the outdated bathroom and fixtures. My bathroom was a green color with very old fixutures, including a slightly rocking toilet. There was only a small shelf space above the non-vanity sink for holding toilet articles. The mattress was fair. The check-in gentleman was very friendly, but the check-out man wasn't too friendy. I was gone during the day, so never used the pool or saw any of the cleaning staff. I would never stay there again. I am normally easy to please and not a complainer, but I was very disappointed with the old motel room. My only positive comment is: "it was a place to sleep and shower, for one night."

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ChowHoundSkip
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Tides Motel was a very nice place to relax. The staff there was nice and kind. The Tides was just a short walk from the beach, and there was no people or crowds there. It gave easy access to many restraunt like Bagels N' Buns USA which was right across the street. And my most favorite restaurant, the Bonfire. I recommend everyone to go to the Tides. I'm going again this year!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Mariofan35
Reviewed December 19, 2009

me, my fiancee, and my parents went to virginia beach in september, and we didn't want to go back home to PA so we decided to extend our trip up to ocean city. first we stayed at a motel for one night, i can't remember what it was called, but it kind of reminded me of the motel room on the movie vacancy. really creepy. the next 2 nights we stayed at the tides motel. its a decent sized room, especially considered to the room we stayed in the night before. the room was clean and smelled clean (i dont know what these other reviewers are talking about) we were outside on the balcony and at the pool most of the time and everytime we went outside and the maids were around they asked if we needed anything. the rooms are pretty cheap. i think we only paid $160 for 2 nights with 4 people in one room. only thing that sucked was that the pool isn't heated. but its a motel so what do you expect? but its was freezing because it was really cold the few days before we arrived so that wasn't their fault.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple