“Not Bad”
Review of Tides Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tides Motel
Ranked #77 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Joppa, MD
“Not Bad”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

These people expect quite alot for one of the cheapest hotels in Ocean City. We have stayed in some of the other cheapest and this motel is by far better then most. Yes the furniture and bathrooms are outdated and yes the pool was very small, but the room was clean, there was no bugs (we've had ants in other cheap rooms in OC), there was no foul smell (we've had that as well in other rooms) the location is perfect, a few steps from the beach , we were supplied with towels daily and there was a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator which is very cool for a room that cheap. There was a small coffee maker, they supplied dishes and utensils (which we didn't use), dish soap and rags. We even decided to stay an extra day which they accomodated. For rates in July, this motel was the second to cheapest we could find. I forgot to take a pic of the room but I did get a pic of our view from the 3rd floor.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank poca1313

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our stay was pleasant, suprisingly based on previous reviews read our expectation was filled with anxiety, however we got a nice surprise the rooms were clean, had everything we needed, it was located in a nice area;within walking distance of the beach, literally one minute Wow what else could we ask for at the price? customer service was very professional and corteous
thanks for the suggestion on the Deli it was the best!!!
If youre too Picky go ahead and pay $300 per night at any other hotel... If you in recession like the rest of us you cannot go wrong with this motel;)

• Stayed July 2010
5 Thank Gylo
Linthicum, Maryland
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed one night while attending the American Legion's Department of Maryland Convention. My advanced reservation listed, but didn't guarantee, a second floor room in the main building. I was assigned a ground floor room in the annex building at check-in. There were several "vacancy" signs at some of the chain motels, so I'm sure I could have found a more modern one for the same amount of money or slightly more. The website pictures don't show the outdated bathroom and fixtures. My bathroom was a green color with very old fixutures, including a slightly rocking toilet. There was only a small shelf space above the non-vanity sink for holding toilet articles. The mattress was fair. The check-in gentleman was very friendly, but the check-out man wasn't too friendy. I was gone during the day, so never used the pool or saw any of the cleaning staff. I would never stay there again. I am normally easy to please and not a complainer, but I was very disappointed with the old motel room. My only positive comment is: "it was a place to sleep and shower, for one night."

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ChowHoundSkip

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Tides Motel was a very nice place to relax. The staff there was nice and kind. The Tides was just a short walk from the beach, and there was no people or crowds there. It gave easy access to many restraunt like Bagels N' Buns USA which was right across the street. And my most favorite restaurant, the Bonfire. I recommend everyone to go to the Tides. I'm going again this year!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Mariofan35
pennsylvania
Reviewed December 19, 2009

me, my fiancee, and my parents went to virginia beach in september, and we didn't want to go back home to PA so we decided to extend our trip up to ocean city. first we stayed at a motel for one night, i can't remember what it was called, but it kind of reminded me of the motel room on the movie vacancy. really creepy. the next 2 nights we stayed at the tides motel. its a decent sized room, especially considered to the room we stayed in the night before. the room was clean and smelled clean (i dont know what these other reviewers are talking about) we were outside on the balcony and at the pool most of the time and everytime we went outside and the maids were around they asked if we needed anything. the rooms are pretty cheap. i think we only paid $160 for 2 nights with 4 people in one room. only thing that sucked was that the pool isn't heated. but its a motel so what do you expect? but its was freezing because it was really cold the few days before we arrived so that wasn't their fault.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elloohvee
kendall, ny
Reviewed September 19, 2009

DO NOT,I repeat, DO NOT ever stay here! What these people are doing is fraud. Online, their motel looks decent and doable, we thought, "how bad could it really be?" Well, we answered our own question. When we got there, the pool was small but that wasnt a problem. We checked in, got to our room and it smelled like mold and must. So we opened the window. As we looked over our room, we found mold on the walls, in the bathtub, on the floor, in the fridge, and in the cupboards. In the bathroom, there were pubes, yes pubic hair people! in the toilet. If that wasnt bad enough, under the blanket on the bed, the sheets were stained and there was human hair all over the pillows and sheets. Not to mention the dirty, used, snotty tissues on the floor. It also looked as if a vacuum was never used! I think you get the picture. we will NEVER stay there ever, and didnt stay for even 10 min.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ttoman
NJ
Reviewed September 13, 2009

My friend and I checked in, met a few of our other girl friends and left to have lunch. When we came back we had a two pages of a hand written note taped to our television from the guy who checked us in threatening us that we will be evicted. The note accused us of having 6 girls in the room but we only checked in with 2. He wrote that he watched us leave and that the room is on notice. And that if there are any complaints from noise that we will be evicted and that he will be watching us. CREEPY. We brought the letter to the front desk demanded our money back. DO NOT STAY THERE. Never in my life have I experienced something like this and we gave him no reason at all to think that there would be a problem.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends