“Dissapointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tides Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tides Motel
Ranked #65 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Linthicum, Maryland
“Dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed one night while attending the American Legion's Department of Maryland Convention. My advanced reservation listed, but didn't guarantee, a second floor room in the main building. I was assigned a ground floor room in the annex building at check-in. There were several "vacancy" signs at some of the chain motels, so I'm sure I could have found a more modern one for the same amount of money or slightly more. The website pictures don't show the outdated bathroom and fixtures. My bathroom was a green color with very old fixutures, including a slightly rocking toilet. There was only a small shelf space above the non-vanity sink for holding toilet articles. The mattress was fair. The check-in gentleman was very friendly, but the check-out man wasn't too friendy. I was gone during the day, so never used the pool or saw any of the cleaning staff. I would never stay there again. I am normally easy to please and not a complainer, but I was very disappointed with the old motel room. My only positive comment is: "it was a place to sleep and shower, for one night."

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank ChowHoundSkip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

Tides Motel was a very nice place to relax. The staff there was nice and kind. The Tides was just a short walk from the beach, and there was no people or crowds there. It gave easy access to many restraunt like Bagels N' Buns USA which was right across the street. And my most favorite restaurant, the Bonfire. I recommend everyone to go to the Tides. I'm going again this year!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Mariofan35
pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2009

me, my fiancee, and my parents went to virginia beach in september, and we didn't want to go back home to PA so we decided to extend our trip up to ocean city. first we stayed at a motel for one night, i can't remember what it was called, but it kind of reminded me of the motel room on the movie vacancy. really creepy. the next 2 nights we stayed at the tides motel. its a decent sized room, especially considered to the room we stayed in the night before. the room was clean and smelled clean (i dont know what these other reviewers are talking about) we were outside on the balcony and at the pool most of the time and everytime we went outside and the maids were around they asked if we needed anything. the rooms are pretty cheap. i think we only paid $160 for 2 nights with 4 people in one room. only thing that sucked was that the pool isn't heated. but its a motel so what do you expect? but its was freezing because it was really cold the few days before we arrived so that wasn't their fault.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elloohvee
kendall, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

DO NOT,I repeat, DO NOT ever stay here! What these people are doing is fraud. Online, their motel looks decent and doable, we thought, "how bad could it really be?" Well, we answered our own question. When we got there, the pool was small but that wasnt a problem. We checked in, got to our room and it smelled like mold and must. So we opened the window. As we looked over our room, we found mold on the walls, in the bathtub, on the floor, in the fridge, and in the cupboards. In the bathroom, there were pubes, yes pubic hair people! in the toilet. If that wasnt bad enough, under the blanket on the bed, the sheets were stained and there was human hair all over the pillows and sheets. Not to mention the dirty, used, snotty tissues on the floor. It also looked as if a vacuum was never used! I think you get the picture. we will NEVER stay there ever, and didnt stay for even 10 min.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ttoman

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

My friend and I checked in, met a few of our other girl friends and left to have lunch. When we came back we had a two pages of a hand written note taped to our television from the guy who checked us in threatening us that we will be evicted. The note accused us of having 6 girls in the room but we only checked in with 2. He wrote that he watched us leave and that the room is on notice. And that if there are any complaints from noise that we will be evicted and that he will be watching us. CREEPY. We brought the letter to the front desk demanded our money back. DO NOT STAY THERE. Never in my life have I experienced something like this and we gave him no reason at all to think that there would be a problem.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank cherylmathiasen
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

When we arrived it seemed like a clean room. After 5 days it wasn't. I thought motels cleaned your room daily. Maybe I,m mistaken but twice I had to ask for clean towels and toilet paper over the 5 nights we were there. We never saw a vacuum cleaner or any signs of one in our room. Outside was well kept amd clean. One night I called the desk for towels and was asked if I left my maid tag hang on the door, I told him it was hanging there since 11:30 AM and it was 6:00 PM. Why do I have to ask for maid service.... The staff was very friendly but I think they could do a lot more when it comes to the rooms.. The pool is small but adequate for the motel.. Its always clean and lots of chairs.. The noise, now thats a whole other problem.. the second night someone was beating on the door next to us and cursing . The next two nights the other neighbors thought that they could fight curse and swear untill 4:30 AM out on the balcony.. Not a very restful place. The annex building was the same as above as we had relatives in that building..The beach was only a 2 minute walk at most not bad..

• Liked — fiar price
  • Disliked — Dirty room noisey people
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family