All reviews rocking chairs people watch family owned hotel huge deck heated swimming pool single elevator charming hotel location is amazing family tradition housekeeping staff top floor family oriented highly recommend this hotel nice size we've stayed king bed boardwalk
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed again this year for a week. This is a wonderful hotel. Location is amazing. Clean clean clean. We have stayed in a lot of boardwalk hotels and this is our favorite. This is not a resort hotel. It is a clean friendly affordable family hotel. The decor is beautiful. The hotel has an elegant old style charm. You will be right on the boards so quiet it is not. We will definitely be going back for years to come!

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed here for a last minute OC getaway and couldn't have picked a better place!! It is located on 1st st. Across from ripleys believe it or not directly on the boardwalk in the center of everything!! Wow the hotel looked like it had just been remodeled and so so so very clean!!!! Our room had a King Bed with an ocean view and just couldn't believe the bang for your buck!! I was so surprised you couldn't find a spec of dirt or a hair In our bathroom witch is quite unusual ...I have issues with hotel bathrooms!! The balcony was really great with dozens of rocking chairs to look out over the ocean and boardwalk!! Staff was great..everything was great!! Just keep in mind this is a very old hotel and only has one tiny elevator and only works about half the time but staff offered to help carry our luggage up to our room! Great overall!!

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank meganstair
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We decided last minute on wkend down the beach,, stopped in @ Atlantic Hse and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the place,, convenient,, clean and quaint. Staff amazing and fun ! Location could not get any better,, close to everything -- NO driving required.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Ria65
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in July 2012 and the hotel was a pleasant surprise. My boyfriend and I live in D.C. so it was only a 2 ½ to 3 hour drive just to get away for the weekend. When I called a few days before to make reservations at 1st I was told that they did not reserve rooms for less than 2 nights but the rep placed me on hold, spoke to a manager and was able to help me so that part was a plus. When I compared the price to all of the other places on the boardwalk I was a little bit nervous about what type of place it might be but we figured that it couldn’t be too bad for just 1 night and it ended up being a pleasant surprise when we got there.
It is a really quaint and clean place. It felt like staying at someones home more so than a hotel and the location was great. Our room was emaculately clean and the bathroom was sparkling white. Not what we expected for an old hotel on the boardwalk. The owner’s definatley take pride in making sure that the hotel stays in good condition. My main complaints were that the bed was really hard and we could hear EVERYTHING loud and clear in the hallways almost like everyone walking by was about to walk right into our room.
I would recomment The Atlantic based on the location and the condition of the place but not really if you have a problem with firm beds. That is the only reason I will probably not return.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank meda95
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is on the boardwalk. We enjoyed the view from the deck. We had a great view of the fireworks. We plan to visit this hotel again. The location was close to all the events. The staff was friendly. The only problem we had was the parking lot. The lot was being used for the Sunfest and they were double and triple parking the cars. The parking attendants did assist us with getting out and we appreciated that.

Date of stay: September 2012