“Great Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Atlantic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #33 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantic for a very brief one night, two day trip to OC, MD. We arrived on a Monday and did not have lodging secured. After some help from the visitor's center we were directed to the Atlantic with the promise of a very favorable rate. The hotel proved to be great and a great value. Our room was clean and homey. Though the bathroom was small it was spotless as was the sink in the room. Though the beds seemed more like doubles than queens they were more than comfortable. The overall hotel atmosphere was cozy and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool, though small, was clean and warm! And the parking was convenient. You cannot beat the location of this hotel as it is near everything! I will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lynn139

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and I stayed in one of their apartments in July of 2011. We traveled with 4 kids, 3 teenagers, and 4 adults. The apartment was spacious and very clean when we arrived and it fit us well. The kitchen was large as well as one bathroom. We also had a small bathroom with just the basics. The cupboards were well stocked with towels, toilet paper, washcloths, etc... and the kitchen was stocked with dishes, utensils, etc... We also had a large living room and dining room. The location was perfect for us, especially with younger children. The only complaints that I have was the front door lock did not lock well and when it did you had a difficult time getting it open. The other complaint I have was housekeeping. We cleaned our own place and never saw a housekeeper for the week we were there. We had to take our dirty towels to the front office to exchange them for clean ones and when I did that I was told they had 5. I then took the five towels back to the apartment to share for 11 people. No one ever came and changed our bed sheets the whole time we were there. If there was no housekeeping for the apartments, I wish we were told. Otherwise the lobby and hallways were clean. We also requested 2 roll-away beds for our apartment and they were not there when we arrived eventhough I booked this hotel in January. I would go back but I have a few questions before I would!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank D Z
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Right off the bat, when looking for a hotel this hotel is not for guests used to hotels such as Hampton Inns, Marriotts, or any of your brand name hotels. That said this is a beach hotel and it reflects in its cleanliness. The green floor was two colors, green and black, but given the shapes of the black spots, I don't believe it was meant to be both colors. The bedding seemed to be between a white and off white color with an aged yellow mixed in. The toilet seemed to have stains on it from lid to seat, which is rather disgusting. At least the shower was clean which is always important.
However, the shower's drain could not handle the sand or hair that ended up all over the tub after one shower. It's unpleasant to be showering with your hair and sand floating around the tub, and women with long hair know that it inevitable to not lose a strand or two while showering. After getting out of the shower you are expected to use such small towel. I just make 5 feet and the towels barely covered me from chest to bottom, which is uncomfortable if you're staying with a boyfriend or even your father.
The bed was somewhat hard, but after a long day at the beach, it's hardly noticeable. However, the television would cut out while watching the Olympics and the wi-fi was extremely spotty as it is completely public.
Perhaps the worst part of the stay was the fact that our room was not cleaned. We had asked the cleaning staff to come back in a few minutes because we were collecting our things and were still using the room. She had talked to both my boyfriend and myself. We both passed her sitting and talking with other staff members, which should have given the indication that we were out of our room. However, when we returned that evening the room had still not been cleaned and no one had brought the extra pillow I had requested. I called to ask for the pillow again and when I walked to the front desk I mentioned that the room had not been cleaned. The lady at the front desk said that it happens often and that they had gone for the day. When I explained that I had seen them sitting outside chatting, she merely said that she believed me and handed me towels. There was hardly and apology and nothing to compensate for the now sandy room. Needless to say, I showered with my flip flops on that night to avoid the sand that now lined the tub.
I feel it's also important to stress how thin the walls are between the rooms. At any point in the day you can hear the rooms next to you and above you, which is uncomfortable and if you have rude neighbors as we did, you will be woken up early in the morning.
If you are looking for a hotel based only on location this hotel is a great one. It is right on the boardwalk, but the beach never seems to get to crowded. It is also near the inlet and it's not a far walk either way to check out some of the sites of Ocean City.
That said, in the future, I will always make sure to book earlier so that I will not have to book again at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HMon14
Charltte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have stayed here 2 years in a row. We love the hotel. Even though it is old, it is well maintained and always very clean. The internet connection was very good as well. The rooms don't offer some of the amentities that larger hotels do, but we are hardly in the room. We love sitting out on the patio/deck that overlooks the boardwalk. We bring bikes, and feel very comfortable leaving them connected to the bike rack there. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be on the ocean, but would like that to be reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pat S
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Absolutely the best location in Ocean City! Our vacation spot for 3 years now. Clean hotel right on the boardwalk. Staff is very couteous and rooms are nice.

Clientel is beginning to get a little sketchy. Might have to raise prices a little to price out some of the "undesireables". Halls were loud with inconsiderate guests that SLAM!!! their doors closed at all hours (can't really fault the hotel for that).

Cops had to be called because of of the low life guests was out of control fighting with their redneck family in the lobby. That put a little damper on our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank shoskins
Grottoes, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I found this hotel last year when looking for a vacation spot. We are from VA and were looking for a spot in Ocean City. I found the Atlantic Hotel through a Google search and checked them out. We called them to check prices and availability. They had some rooms available and the price was definitely right, so we booked it. All they require to reserve the room is a deposit of the first night's stay, though you can pay the entire amount ahead of time if you wish. Be aware that like most beach hotels, price varies depending on holidays and which part of the beach season it is. This hotel also is fully booked months in advance, so don't expect to call and get a room for next week.

Staff is very nice, with the exception of your rotten tomato here and there, which you would expect anywhere. The rooms are very clean. My wife, two kids, and I got a double queen room with a fridge and microwave. When we went this year, we requested the same room we had last year, and they happily made that happen. Our room was on the second floor, ocean front, and they had upgraded the room we stayed in with a flat panel TV since we stayed last year. Some mention they don't have a complimentary breakfast, but one shouldn't expect this because of the price point. If you want to stay at a much higher priced hotel, I'm sure you'll get that "complimentary" breakfast.

If you're looking for a great, family owned hotel, with a home town feeling, decent prices, and that's clean, this is place for you.

My Only Call-outs
1. There isn't a general access elevator, so if you're on the second floor, prepare for a hike. It's 50 steps from the parking lot to the second floor. With it being four of us and staying for 5 days, we had a lot of stuff. The staff brought us out a cart which we loaded our stuff on, and took us up on the staff elevator, which was nice.

2. The bathroom is very small. You have to sit sideways on the toilet because of where the door is at. I spent the least amount of my time in the bathroom, so definitely not a deal breaker for me.

3. Ocean City is a late night city, so we did get a good bit of noise in the hallway late and night and early in the morning, but this isn't fault of the hotel, I would expect this anywhere. My kids are 4 and 5 and the hallway noise did not disturb them over the noise of the TV and the AC, so this wasn't too much of an issue for us.

Conclusion
We love this hotel and have made it our family vacation destination every year. We just got back home 2 days ago and are already planning our trip hear next year.

Room Tip: Request an ocean front room, not all rooms are ocean front. If you request one and it's far eno...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Josh A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very clean. Small room but fabulous location. It's a very cozy comfortable and fun place to stay. Would definitely recommend. The only down side was housekeeping in room was not great. Stayed five days and they only vacumned once. Had to ask for more soap. Having said that I still would recommend I'm sure if we had said anything they would've fixed the situation.

Room Tip: Ocean view top floor, amazing!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family